My screen froze, so I removed the battery as I normally would, but when the phone started up again a notification that the sd card was damaged and may need to be reformatted popped up. I restarted the phone again, and the notification popped up again, but the phone seems to be fully functional. I'm even typing this on the phone. any idea what to do?
    01-13-2010 08:53 PM
    Were you downloading something when you rebooted? Was something saving?
    01-13-2010 10:11 PM
    I'd mount the disk on a PC/Mac. I'd run some disk checking on the card to make sure. I doubt you'll have bad sectors but stuff like the allocation tables could be corrupt. I'm wondering.... *checks terminal emulator for fdisk....*

Hmmph, needs su. If you're rooted you could just run fdisk from the command prompt on your Droid. If not, best mount the storage on a computer and run some scandisk/disk doctor on it.
    01-13-2010 10:18 PM
    Would that possibly delete my files? Can you recommend any free scanners? I would just click on the notification and reformat it, but I don't want it to delete all my stuff. Is there any way to just do the reformatting without it deleting my files?
    01-13-2010 11:24 PM
    if you're plugging it into a computer, you could always back up the files to a folder on the computer, then if you have to format it, you won't lose anything
    01-13-2010 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD