I'm on my 3rd Droid now because I had Verizon replace the other 2... whenever I unplug the USB cable the Droid reboots and now my 3rd is doing it. Anyone else having this problem?
    01-14-2010 02:52 PM
    Never seen or heard of this issue till now. Are you mounting and not unmounting the sd card before unplugging it?
    01-14-2010 02:57 PM
    Nope just plug into my laptop while I work but when I get up from my desk and unplug the phone it reboots. But I've been testing this all morning, it may be a problem with the USB cable. I bought a bunch of cheap cables off eBay just to have and when I use those it reboots 100% of the time. I switch the my ECOMOTO stock cable and I've unplugged it about 20 times now and no more reboots. That's really weird, I don't understand how a cable can be the cause.
    01-14-2010 03:05 PM
    Nope just plug into my laptop while I work but when I get up from my desk and unplug the phone it reboots. But I've been testing this all morning, it may be a problem with the USB cable. I bought a bunch of cheap cables off eBay just to have and when I use those it reboots 100% of the time. I switch the my ECOMOTO stock cable and I've unplugged it about 20 times now and no more reboots. That's really weird, I don't understand how a cable can be the cause.
    Has to be the cheap cable. I plug to my laptop everyday (using the OEM cable)and have never encountered this.
    01-14-2010 03:09 PM
    Makes total sense to me. These USB cables are just like power cables. You get a faulty one that is giving too much juice or is shorting out, it could short out the phone too.

People have been purchasing cheap cables off of Ebay that make the phone go crazy and start dialing numbers, sending out blank text messages, etc. all on their own.

Sounds like these Droids really only work with the stock cable....
    01-14-2010 03:13 PM
    I don't know why but cheap cables will do it. Motorolas way to keep you from straying away from their product line.
    01-14-2010 03:13 PM
    I had some battery issues and called vzw and the first thing they asked me was if i was using the charger that came with the phone (which I was). Apparently these phones are very cord specific.
    01-14-2010 06:37 PM
    does anybody have installed ADB tool ?
    It happen to me... but I think this is because ADB is running.
    01-18-2010 09:19 AM
    if you all think it's the cable, why not try plugging it in with the OE cable and see if it still happens.

mine did that for a little while and it turned out to be an issue with the ROM loaded on it, i've since wiped to load a different rom and it has never done that since.

i would:

1. try the OE cable
    2. run a scandisk on your SD card (i had the media app tell me there were errors with mine once)
    3. wipe the phone and reload the OS
    4. call verizon and get a new phone

01-18-2010 11:29 AM
    it HAS to be either the cable OR some modification you've made to phone OR some interaction with your computer and droid. There's no way you would find a "bug" on 3 droids now as this is not happening to the masses.
    01-18-2010 02:29 PM
    I think I had a bad cable that caused my phone to reboot. I bought a cheap one off ebay. I wanted an extra to take to work. I ended up sending the cable back and got a new one and havent had the problem since.
    01-19-2010 06:22 AM
    Last night, I was playing around with the 'Mode Scheduler' and 'Profiles' applications.

This morning, when I put my Droid in its USB cradle, it immediately rebooted, and continued to reboot as long as it was cradled.

I took it out of the cradle and checked my notification ringtone settings and found that there was no ringtone set at all for notifications (nothing was checked).

I set a default notification ringtone, and then plugged the Droid back into the cradle, and it did not reboot.

My guess is that the lack of a default notification ringtone was causing the reboot, since USB triggers a notification. Setting a notification ringtone solved the rebooting problem.
    03-24-2010 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD