software update

R

Roy Aguilera

Tonight would be awesome. Motorola needs to step their game up.

tool80

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Not for nothing.. but didnt Moto/VZW state that there would be a December, and end of January Update when the droid first came out? Would they really just plan that far ahead for a "Facebook Fix"? Im keeping my fingers crossed for 2.1 sometime this month as well.... Also FWIW... I did not get an update yet.. but at the same time, I updated my Facebook through the App Store....

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Apparently this update, according to some rumors, is to take care of a few issues pertaining updating to 2.1.

Given that VZ hasn't posted any official docs about this update yet, I'm starting to wonder. According to a guy in a thread at this link Droid update this morning - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum he's got a source inside VZ stating that this update will reduce the load in updating all devices to 2.1.

His "source" is staying pretty firm on having all devices updated to 2.1 by end of month.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
All this angst & hand wringing over a purported update notification with no further info from the original poster.... Get a grip people, it'll get here when it gets here!

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
A lot of people were claiming it is just a Facebook update but I don't see how it could just be a Facebook update if it is a 60 MB update. Facebook isnt that large.

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
All this angst & hand wringing over a purported update notification with no further info from the original poster.... Get a grip people, it'll get here when it gets here!

I gotta agree...:D

It was just a short time ago that we were all agonizing over the release of the Droid!

GivenToFly

Dec 30, 2009
www.apexautosound.com
From what I understand from a buddy of mine that works for Verizon is that this update is to get everyone on the same page for 2.1. He said they would not roll out the 2.1 update until all applicable devices had recieved this maintanance update. He said to expect the 2.1 update "soon", but doubtful by the end of this month.

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
One of my friends dads works for VZW and I've heard pretty much the same thing. It will be here in the very near future and the 22nd update that's currently rolling out is the per 2.1 update. I don't even have mine yet... And I'm already excited for 2.1

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Cool!
I'll be keeping an eye out during the evening and first thing tomorrow morning.
That would be a great thing to have along with my coffee and breakfast before going to work.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC