software update

johnolesen

Nov 2, 2009
www.myspace.com
hey guys, i just looked over at my droid, and got a THERE IS NEW SOFTWARE TO INSTALL OTA message....

so i clicked install now.

i was already up to date on the December patch, but this is brand new-anyone else get this? what exactly does it do.

my build number is now ESD56-which i think is the same as it was before

Kernel is

2.6.29-omap1-g0dd7eob
android-build@apa26 #511

anyone know what this update does?

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
That's the kernel my phone is running, and the same build number, and it's still on 2.0.1. No new updates since December here..

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
It's not 2.1....

Agh, oh well. Just a worthless update then. I'm kinda bummed, all the devs that were all frantically working on Droid jumped ship for Nexus One. Over at Alldroid there is practically nothing happening. I was hoping this update might get us the hookup.

Ahh well. Droid still pwnz. 2.1 is some more voice features and the 'ol lady powdering her nose to look nicer :p

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Agh, oh well. Just a worthless update then. I'm kinda bummed, all the devs that were all frantically working on Droid jumped ship for Nexus One. Over at Alldroid there is practically nothing happening. I was hoping this update might get us the hookup.

Ahh well. Droid still pwnz. 2.1 is some more voice features and the 'ol lady powdering her nose to look nicer :p

Keep in mind I'm simply going by no other mention anywhere on the internet about 2.1 starting to push. But I'm 99% sure it's not 2.1.

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Keep in mind I'm simply going by no other mention anywhere on the internet about 2.1 starting to push. But I'm 99% sure it's not 2.1.

Time will tell. I've scoured several other forums and surely someone else would have had an OTA notification. Last time the news was spread like a wildfire within a short period of time.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
And for what it's worth I've been hearing the roll out start on the 22nd to 5,000 people, then 20,000 on the 23rd, and on the 24th the rest... I think this date has been mentioned on this forum already but me hearing myself makes me feel better.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Huh. So this is a patch-in update of 2.0.1 to people who got the wrong update back in December? Crazy. I guess we need to all be on the same page for 2.1.
I think build ESD56 is the right one? Does anybody have a version of 2.0.1 that isn't ESD56?