Droid wanted to swim... so it vibrated itself into the toilet

ClickClack911

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
OK so I've been searching through this forum and plenty others, looking to get a definitive answer to the question: will my $5.99 per month Verizon insurance cover this water damage so I can get a replacement for $50 / $80????

I've seen some yes'es and some no's....

So, is there anybody who has dealt with this same situation with Verizon that can tell me for sure one way or another???

:(

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
Complete protection of your wireless equipment. It combines the benefits of Asurion Wireless Phone Protection (offered by third–party insurance agency) with the Verizon Wireless Extended Warranty** program. If your phone or covered accessories are inoperable for any reason – lost, stolen damaged or malfunctioning – you can be covered. As a convenience to you, the monthly fee for this service is charged directly to your Verizon Wireless bill.

$39 non–refundable deductible per approved claim

I'm not telling you to say you lost it or it got stolen.

But if it did you could get a refurb droid ;)

dlongb13

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
^^^^I'm with da6. My storm found its way into a toilet, then I lost it and made an insurance claim. Got a new one, then my lost storm turned up, and it was DRY!!! I don't feel guilty

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
Think you gotta call Asurion and tell them your story, of how it got stolen. You could also try going to Verizon and ask them, they'll probably lead you to Asurion anyways.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
yea, whichever way you go, i doubt you'll walk out with another droid let alone a new one.

but a refurb is better than a broken one right? :)

R

Roy Aguilera

If you keep it. Take the battery out, stick the droid in a cup of raw rice and leave it there for 24 hours. Do not try to dry it with a blow dryer. After the 24 hours, put the battery back in and try to boot it up.

billbobaggins

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
So if I go to the Verizon store tomorrow and report it, will I get a refurbished droid sent in the mail? Or a brand new one right then and there?
You can not go into a Verizon store for this. You have to call Asurion.
Last time my wife dropped her phone in the toilet they did not cover water damage, that was 2 years ago.

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
If you keep it. Take the battery out, stick the droid in a cup of raw rice and leave it there for 24 hours. Do not try to dry it with a blow dryer. After the 24 hours, put the battery back in and try to boot it up.
The good ol' rice trick.

You can not go into a Verizon store for this. You have to call Asurion.
Last time my wife dropped her phone in the toilet they did not cover water damage, that was 2 years ago.

Thats why you "don't" tell them that you lost it or it got stolen, right? ;)

R

Roy Aguilera

Yeah and most new phones have a sticker that changes color with water contact. So once they open it they will know. Try the rice trick.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
OK so I've been searching through this forum and plenty others, looking to get a definitive answer to the question: will my $5.99 per month Verizon insurance cover this water damage so I can get a replacement for $50 / $80????

I've seen some yes'es and some no's....

So, is there anybody who has dealt with this same situation with Verizon that can tell me for sure one way or another???

:(

Did you buy your Droid with a credit card? My Amex card will refund me for accidental damage/theft up to 90 days from the date of purchase. I think most credit cards have this. You might want to check in to it if you bought it with a card less than 90 days ago.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692