Odd charge behavior

Ilthimar

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello everybody.
Last night I experienced an interesting pattern from my Droid Razr M.
I got home, sat down at my PC like I usually do, and I plugged my phone into my PC to charge.
Normally, this happens as it should, and my phone is charged within the hour. However, I noticed a distinct different in it's charging patterns, AKA it didn't charge at all. Simply, it maintained it's current level of charge for several hours (30%). It has never done this before.
Another change I noticed while it was doing this is that when normally charging, the charging symbol on the battery image is filled in black.. This time, it was filled in white.
It did this both when connected to the computer and to a wall charger. Restarting the phone corrected the issue, however I'm not sure what caused it to do this in the first place, and any insights or information would be appreciated, in case it happens again.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Phones, like all computers, accumulate "junk" as they run - background processes, runaway apps, remnants of old programs & files not completely deleted. That's why reboots, cache clears, and the occasional cache partition clear from recovery mode and, rarely, a factory reset are helpful. Since a reboot fixed it, I wouldn't worry about it, unless it happens routinely.

Ilthimar

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I'll keep an eye on it. It's just odd, and as one who works in a Tech Support job, you don't ignore one instance of odd behavior for long. It could indicate a larger problem in the future.
Thought I'd ask, though. Thanks!

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
And since you work in tech support, you know that all software has bugs, some of which only express under rare and special circumstances 😀.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar