Lcd backlight died, wtf...

azezial

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Ive had a few bugs with my droid...

facebook photos not uploading lately
randomly deleting all my texts
lots of force closes (fixed with 2.01 though)

but yesterday I was walking down the hall at my office sending a text and suddenly my phone went black. I thought it just crashed and shut off so i rebooted a few times before i notice i could barely see the motorola insignia on the screen... well apparently the backlight ate the ****.... Tried pulling the batt, even gave it a pimp slap or two...

f my droid....

R

Roy Aguilera

Ive had a few bugs with my droid...

facebook photos not uploading lately
randomly deleting all my texts
lots of force closes (fixed with 2.01 though)

but yesterday I was walking down the hall at my office sending a text and suddenly my phone went black. I thought it just crashed and shut off so i rebooted a few times before i notice i could barely see the motorola insignia on the screen... well apparently the backlight ate the ****.... Tried pulling the batt, even gave it a pimp slap or two...

f my droid....

LOL, that cracked me up. Sounds like you got a bad unit.

Flyguide83

Nov 16, 2009
www.northwestfrontier.com
All contacts are saved via google on your gmail, as are your paid apps.. you may want to go online on your pc and email the devs for some backup apps, see if you can do a full backupsettings and all just by plugging into your computer. also, if you have anything on there that you don't want people to ever see, you need to do a hard reset.. you can do that by powering it on while holding the x key and camera button...er uh...get online and search, I cant remember exactly how to do it...

azezial

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
well i went to the vzw store today and got it exchanged... my new one is one of the flat keypad phones (other one was a bumped and better) other than that im happy i have it back...

my facebook uploads now :)

wish i had thought to do a hard reset before i returned it, hopefully they wont go through my old texts and ****... my contacts transferred on the sd card which suprised me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20