Battery drain

primodroid

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
So this past week and a half my battery has been draining like nothing. The last app I downloaded was screenmodewidget and I have since uninstalled it but the battery still drains way more than usual. I previously had no problem getting through a day but now it won't hold a charge for even half a day with moderate use. And if I fully charge it before I sleep, it is completely dead when I wake up around 8:30. The GPS icon stays up in my notification bar all of the time and it never used to be there all the time. It would just show up when I used maps and then later go away. I know I can turn GPS off but then I have to go in and turn it on all the time. I never had this problem a week ago. Anyone have any idea what I did? Thanks in advance!

Also...check your screen timeout settings (settings>>>sound & display>>>under Display settings is Screen timeout) My battery seamed to be draining quickly when I noticed that I had mine accidentally set on 30 minutes !! When I put the phone down now I make it a habit to hit the lock (top button) to shut off the display. Hope this helps.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
The gps will be the biggest drain of all. You really shouldn't use that without a power plug....and then fire up Trapster. The lights dim.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
A task killer may help in determining which app is tying up the GPS (but shouldn't really be used after that). Sort that out as the GPS will definitely kill you battery very quickly. If you still have battery issues, check the battery info screen once you've resolved the GPS issue.

midwestfx

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that when I turn my phone off at night, I don't like plugging it in every night, that it will be dead in the morning. I get really good battery life if I keep it on, normally a day and a half. Sometimes I just feel like turning it off while I'm sleeping, but it's always dead on start up in the morning. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital