Frequent Freezing

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm having a problem with my Droid where it's frequently freezing and I have to reset it by removing the battery. at first it happened once in awhile, but over the last few days it's been happening multiple times everyday. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there anything I can do to remedy it?

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm not using a custom ROM, and I mean freezing as in the screen stops responding and so do the home, back, etc. keys. This seems to happen alot when I open twidroid, but it's happened in other places too.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
This has happened to me yes, but not that often. I think these problems are usually caused by 3rd party programs - like task managers - or other programs temporarily chewing up all the memory and/or CPU time. Usually the freeze is followed by a force close message.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I've had that happen a few times also. I'm not a fan of pulling the battery. It sometimes is the only option. But, If you're able to be without the device for a few minutes just try sitting it down and waiting a minute or two. It MAY come out of it. The more you press buttons and switches the more system resources are being used and the worse the problem causing the freeze becomes.

I do hate that there is no dedicated power off button. If the screen is unresponsive there is no other way to power cycle than to yank the battery.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I do hate that there is no dedicated power off button. If the screen is unresponsive there is no other way to power cycle than to yank the battery.

If you hold the top button down for a few seconds, a pop-up will display, and then you can choose to power down. Or, are you simply saying there is no power button that doesn't require some sort of software interaction?

freshnezzz#AC

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm sure it worked fine out the box, so some app u downloaded has also of programing errors and needs to be deleted. I'd start with any app you've ever had to force close

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
If you hold the top button down for a few seconds, a pop-up will display, and then you can choose to power down. Or, are you simply saying there is no power button that doesn't require some sort of software interaction?

that's the problem -- pop up display -- if the screen is dead, whaddaya do?

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm sure it worked fine out the box, so some app u downloaded has also of programing errors and needs to be deleted. I'd start with any app you've ever had to force close

The most common force close "app" I have is the camera. It seems to FC at least half the time I use it. That's not gonna be deleted - I'm waiting on some camera love with 2.1

I do agree ^^^ if there is some third party downloaded app that was FC more than once in the past week or so.. money spent or not, that puppy's out of here.

To the OP: if you find out there was an offending app, please post here and share the info.

MedlongOne

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue a couple weeks back. I found that the problem was Taskiller. As mentioned, if you have any kind of task manager, delete it. you don't need it.

Ignitros

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Some of the freezing problems I had disappeared when I dumped the slow as hell 16gb microsd card it came with and popped in a class 6 microsd card. You may want to try this as I have no slowdown or freezing that was caused by the amount of data I had saved to the card.

Geezer Squid

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
It has been documented (with empirical data only) that task killers, virus protection, various keyboard apps and others have caused or contributed to FC's. On my phone the only FC issue I've had was traced to Swype and Launcher 2.1 not playing well together. I could close either and the phone was fine, but if they were both being used I would get FC's. You just have to experiment with the apps you've loaded and use regularly and find the culprit(s).

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying out a new twitter client, as twidroid seemed to freeze on me alot. I'll let you guys know how it goes if anyone's interested.

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Tweetcaster was working for the first half of today, but then started freezing when I would open it. Now trying out twica (the one at the top of the blog as I write this). Hopefully since it seems to be a pretty lightweight client it will stop freezing.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Mine froze on the home screen a few times when trying to open my application screen and then it reboots, this is with the 2.1 launcher, it has only done it a few times but if it does it anymore I am going to uninstall it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO