I just helped my girlfriend out with her new curve 2 on vzw. Nothing complicated just adding email, finding a good theme, trying to get a weather icon on the home screen, and switching over her contacts. All very simple stuff, however it made me feel sooooo happy never having to deal with that. I was a storm user and got the droid on release day, just using a bberry for a few simple things made me want to break her phone in half. The internet was so slow and the phone in general was just slugish.

Granted I am comparing droid to curve 2, and that's obviosly just not fare, but just how friggin easy the android os is makes me happy to never use a bberry again.

I felt I needed to share my joy with fellow droiders and maybe some bberry user will read this and make the amazing change.
    01-28-2010 11:44 PM
    I'm feeling the joy.... thanks for sharing.

I know the feeling. I had to retrieve some stuff off of my old curve. I was navigating thru the menus and options and just getting irritated.

I decided to use it as a music player for my daughter. It has an 8Gb card in it. Since the phone is not active anymore she can do harm by calling, texting, downloading, etc. I have some games installed on it and figured it would be a fun "toy" for her.

Well, she used it as a music player and messed around with some games for about 10 minutes. She comes up to me, hands me the BB, and says, "I don't like this phone, can I have your Droid?" .... she's 6.
    01-29-2010 02:04 AM
    Im feeling the joy too. I didn't even realize how stupid my En V was until switching to Droid.
    01-29-2010 08:54 AM
    My wife is still stuck with her storm and my co-worker took my storm after I got my Droid. I can't help but snicker when they have problems.

Its soooo nice not having to worry bout making sure my Droid gets rebooted at least once a day...........
    01-29-2010 07:06 PM
    I never rebooted my 8310 (or any of the prior 5 models of BB's that I had). Doesn't mean that I don't prefer the Droid though.
    01-29-2010 09:24 PM
    Amen brother... I'm a former Berry user (Storm 1, Curve 8330 and Pearl) for the last 4 years until last week. Now I own a Moto Droid and a Droid Eris... the Android os just rocks!
    01-29-2010 09:36 PM
    Amen brother... I'm a former Berry user (Storm 1, Curve 8330 and Pearl) for the last 4 years until last week. Now I own a Moto Droid and a Droid Eris... the Android os just rocks!
    and what is even greater, I have had this thing from release and im stil being amazed at the things I find.
    01-29-2010 10:32 PM
    I have been using the Droid for 6 weeks after using a BB Curve for 18 months. I actually went back to the Curve for a few days this week due to simply hating the virtual and slide out keyboards on the Droid. In the end I switched back to my Droid because the Curve is so slow for doing anything and I was limited on what I could do, but that keyboard sure was nice. I'm hoping for an android phone with a great keyboard or at least a better on screen one someday.
    01-29-2010 10:32 PM
    The Android platform is amazing and there is no doubts about it. I started with a Sprint Hero and I loved the device, it was my greatest companion. Now I am with the Droid because I decided to switch to Verizon and I must say the Droid is amazing. All things I loved about the Hero + lots more speed and an amazing screen. I also happen to really like the keyboard - it's not the greatest keyboard every made but it's a heck a lot better then some devices. I really feel like the hardware keyboard "completes" android.

I heart the Android!
    01-30-2010 04:50 AM
    I, too switched from a BlackBerry (my last BB was a Storm). I thought my Storm was the greatest thing since sliced bread...until I got my Droid. I have never felt so foolish in my life. The Android platform is absolutely amazing, not without it's faults of course, but it is getting better and better with every update.
    01-30-2010 10:27 AM
    I switched from a BB Tour to a DROID. I used to be a BB GURU. but there is no turning back. Droid for life!
    01-31-2010 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD