WEIRD contact issue-- doesn't show up in messaging?

ali.fazal

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone experienced this?

I have one contact (that I know of), who, in the contacts app, has all their info stored (phone number, picture, etc), yet when I try to send them a message by entering their name in the 'send to' field of the messaging app, they don't show up. The only way I can text this person is by going to their contact card in the contacts app and directly messaging them that way. No way to include them in a group text or anything.

It only happens with this one contact, so I thought it was weird. Any tips?

johnatthebar

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I'll bet if you look at one of the affected contacts you will find the number is categorized as home, business, etc...not mobile. Change it to 'mobile' and it will show under messaging.

ali.fazal

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
AMAZING! Thanks! I didn't even think of that--

I wonder if there's any way to get all my numbers to save as 'Mobile' by default-- I don't want to have to go through and change like every one.

It's really stupid if you ask me, since you can text message the number easily (regardless of whether it's home, fax, etc) by just going into the contact. So to not have it included in messaging blows.

simp_10

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
If your contacts are in gmail, you can export the list as a .csv file and open it in excel. Go thru and edit/change numbers to mobile and then re-save as a new .csv file. Go into gmail contacts and delete them all, then import your new .csv file. Depending on how many contacts you have this may be worth your time and it is very easy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae