Nexus1 2.1 apps now available for Droid, no root necessary.

matrix2004

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Last edited:

paa79594

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
What are all the non-rooted folks doing about having 2 of the Music apps, and Gallery apps? Just kind of bugs me to see both...

droid 8172

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
You can disable the new 2.1 apps as soon as the official launches. Its just alot easier this way instead of rooting, I think. Alot less steps to go through.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Is there really anything new (apps) that we haven't already had access to this past month? For example, are these newer verison's of what's been out there?

stuckingoo

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Tried the weather/news widget....very cool. Now I have beautiful widgets, weatherbug elite and this one. Of course, I can't be using all three, LOL.

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
weatherbug widget stopped working in launcher mode.... works fine in home mode.

Also, my direct call icons don't show.

Last edited:

solideliquid

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
weatherbug widget stopped working in launcher mode.... works fine in home mode.

Also, my direct call icons don't show.

This is with Launcher 2.1? If I install the new launcher and I want to go back to the current version is it as simple as an uninstall or...

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I am actually probably not going to install them. One thing I do hate is a overload of bugs, and having something crash on landscape or whatever is not an attractive proposition for me. I also like having something to look forward to when 2.1 is eventually released.

Although I do think I will get the news widget (been looking for a good one), and the music player (not much has changed, but does make it more useable.

wahuff

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Me likey! I may have to abandon DXTop for the new launcher. All the apps are working perfectly for me. I especially like the new application scrolling and the clock!

Wish there was some theme-ability with it tho...

Last edited:

amayes

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
love the weather and news widget! works perfectly.. i haven't tried the other apks since some of them have had notes about freeze ups or force closes. I like to avoid that stuff as much as possible.. just my 2cents

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I am actually probably not going to install them. One thing I do hate is a overload of bugs, and having something crash on landscape or whatever is not an attractive proposition for me. I also like having something to look forward to when 2.1 is eventually released.

Although I do think I will get the news widget (been looking for a good one), and the music player (not much has changed, but does make it more useable.

The only thing that your going to install that has bugs is the luancher. Only because the n1 doesn't have a landscape luancher

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy