Sickest Droid Boot Animation!

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have seen no reason to change the boot since I rarely ever boot but I will be putting this one on my Droid. And I might even power off more often just to watch that LOL.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
hands down the coolest boot animation i've seen.

you might need root, but this is the adb command to get it there

adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local

of course, if need be, use the path the bootanimation.zip

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Yes it does require root :D

Well given some of the other boot animations that I've seen this is a pretty pro job :D

Actually Chris.. I've changed the boot animation on my droid already and I have not rooted my phone. It's pretty simple and doesn't actually require root access to do it.

This one looks awesome though! I'm going to try it out.

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I didn't know that you could do it without root! That's whats up! And the guy who did the animation is still working on it and trying to improve it per user request if he can.

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
omg...how do you do this without rooting your phone?! if someone wants to tel me that would be amazing!!!

Check this forum out. It is for a completely different boot animation, but the process is exactly the same. Just switch the .zip file they talk about with whatever .zip file your trying to use..

You will have to download and install the SDK from Google in order to do it, but that is not difficult.

It took me about 20 minutes to get done. I am using a MacBook Pro, but the process is the same no matter which platform you are using. Good luck!

LINK URLs:

Matrix bootanimation - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Android SDK | Android Developers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome