A few little problems with my Droid. I call upon you!

G

GenericMessage

So I love my Droid, I truly do, and is a fantastic over the top amazement of technology!

But............I have two issues:

*Soft keys (Return,Menu,Home,Search) and keyboard back lighting

*Bluetooth

Lets start with the easier of the two; Soft keys and keyboard

Now and then when I slide open my droid to type something, NOTHING lights up! So that means ZERO back-light. I have checked all my menu settings and such and they are all good, so whats the problem!? It doesn't do this ALL the time, but during the times I need it to; ie; In the dark.

Now to the bigger of the problems; Bluetooth.

As many of you, I own a bluetooth headset! A plantronics discovery 925 to be exact. Sadly I have many......many..........MANY connectivity issues with this.

Say I want to turn on my headset so it will pair with my phone; I turn on the headset, the phone doesn't recognize it. So I turn off the headset and then turn it back on, POOF, it connects without a hitch. Rather irritating to have to do this.....EVERY......SINGLE...........TIME.

Anyone else having this problem? Solutions?

Next bluetooth issue with the same headset;
Sometimes when it does pair, I go to make a call, the phone lags for awhile, then connects the call and disconnects my currently on and (WAS paired) headset. So I then have to turn off then turn it back on!

Obviously these problems aren't earth shattering! But I would like some insight on the massive brain trust here.

billbobaggins

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problems with my blueant V1. I replaced it with the Jawbone Prime and all is good. Sorry I can't help with your backlighting issue.

Kaizmuth

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
I had a Blue Ant V1 that would barely stay connected. I had to repair it after every call or two. Blue Ant blames the Droid, but other Bluetooth devices work fine. I went to a Plantronics Voyager Pro and love it. Oustanding call quality and battery life. Works flawlessly.

The 925 should work fine for you. No idea why it's not. Might be an issue with that particular headset.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I have problems, even with the Pro, if I have Wi-Fi and bluetooth both turnrf on. Otherwise it seem like the Pro works really well.

As for the keyboard issue, I've also seen that and am not sure what causes it.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I have problems, even with the Pro, if I have Wi-Fi and bluetooth both turnrf on. Otherwise it seem like the Pro works really well.

Chiefvelo#IM

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
have you tried deleting and repairing the headset? that often fixes issues. make sure you turn it off then back on. Try a new heads set from a store with a 30 day return policy. do you have many apps in stalled. I usually find 3rd party apps to cause most problems on every single phone i have owned. IM messengers causing poor call quality even.

G

GenericMessage

have you tried deleting and repairing the headset? that often fixes issues. make sure you turn it off then back on. Try a new heads set from a store with a 30 day return policy. do you have many apps in stalled. I usually find 3rd party apps to cause most problems on every single phone i have owned. IM messengers causing poor call quality even.

I have deleted and re-paired several times.

Trying a new headset would be fruitless as I have already fully purchased this current one (and plantronics is NOT cheap), and I am past the return period.

No, I have used this both after a system restore and not, NO difference.

Its not the poor call quality I am concerned with, its the pairing that I am concerned with.

G

GenericMessage

My wi-fi is almost never turned on :(

G

GenericMessage

I had a Blue Ant V1 that would barely stay connected. I had to repair it after every call or two. Blue Ant blames the Droid, but other Bluetooth devices work fine. I went to a Plantronics Voyager Pro and love it. Oustanding call quality and battery life. Works flawlessly.

The 925 should work fine for you. No idea why it's not. Might be an issue with that particular headset.

Well once it's paired and working, it doesn't Un-pair. So....I dunno!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae