Proximity sensor issue?

Have you had issues with the Proximity sensor in call?

• Total voters

Deofol

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone had issues with their face ending calls?

Both my wife and I both have Droids, and she kept complaining about the phone hanging up on calls. I've never had that issue on mine, and when I used her phone the other day, it hung up the call from my face touching the end button.

I've since noticed that her phone doesn't always shut off the screen when she is in a call.

So has anyone else had similar issues?

ThirstyTurtle

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It might be her hair messing up the sensor? I know that my screen doesn't properly shutoff when on a call if I'm wearing a hoodie or a beanie and have the phone against that, it only seems to react to the skin on my face?

Deofol

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
She has no case on it, and like I said I've never had the issue with mine, just hers.

Looks like its going back for a replacement.

Thanks all for the responses!

risk235

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
My wife has this problem sometimes. Hair causes the proximty sensor not to work properly. I seen where she will be on the phone and the screen is still on thus sometimes her cheek pushes the mute or add call. Only remedy so far is she uses the phone on her left side since the sensor is on the left and senses skin better. To make sure it wasn't a faulty phone I used her phone and the sensor works just fine and the screen stayed off while on a call. One time I let my daughter use my phone to talk to my mom and the screen stay lit and she hit the mute button with her cheek. If you google hair and droid you will see other people have similar problems.

DroidRage

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
The only problem I have had is the phone not waking back up sometimes when I want to hang up a call. It sometime gets the the point where I have to slide the keyboard out in order to get the screen to come back on.

jdwx

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
No Proximity issues, but, I shave my head. So, no hair.

The only problem I have had is the phone not waking back up sometimes when I want to hang up a call. It sometime gets the the point where I have to slide the keyboard out in order to get the screen to come back on.

THIS, I've had issues with. Or the phone getting a call, ringing and the face not lighting up so I can even answer it.

chuckthepilot

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I've seen some speculate that this has something to do with standby mode. Not coming out of standby right away for incoming calls, and being on a call when the screen "times out," and it's not talking to the sensor anymore. Anyway, not an answer or anything, but food for thought. I've adjusted my timeout settings but haven't played with it enough to notice a difference. Still seems rather random.

BigDrG

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I keep my hair buzzed, but I have some problems similar to those mentioned here. I can't always hang up as quickly as I would like because the screen stays dormant too long. So long that I attempt to use the on/off button, which never seems to help... Also, I have trouble answering calls when I'm in bed.

Chiefvelo#IM

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
What 3rd party appsssssssssssssssssssssssss????????????????? 95% of the time is 3rd party. is this a android thing where almost no one lists what apps they have installed? worst case reset the phone with no apps and see if it still does it. you know you have a bad phone or bad apps..

dmzxls

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had an issue with it, though I always turn off the screen out of habit from using my old Touch Pro. Talk about crappy proximity sensors and face hang-ups.

peppage

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I was trying to ignore the problem and say nothing was wrong but I def have an issue. When I'm on the phone I've had it open up the dialpad and my face starts dialing while I'm on the phone. The worst time was hitting speakerphone and not being able to change it back. Maybe I'll try to be more careful with my hair.

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
My bestest problem is that the screen goes black and if I'm going from a text msg back to the call then my screen blacks out then i turn it back on and then it turns off again.. Or it'll turn off not giving me the chance to end the call... I hope the new update will address this issue. Though I think the blackout screen has been saving the battery. Well I guess time will tell

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo