I literally just picked up my new droid a few hours ago. I spent over an hour setting everything up, sending texts, and emails. The whole time the landscape touch keyboard was working perfectly. Then, i get home, put on my Seidio innocase, and the landscape keyboard is now useless. just typing the word "sure" shows up like "sssuuuurrxxxeee" The keyboard doesn't function at all, regardless of finger pressure or speed. if i pop the part of the case surrounding the screen off, keyboard works normally. my question is...what gives? I have loved every seidio product i've owned in the past with no issues, and now this case is keeping me from using my brand new phone properly.
    02-06-2010 04:55 PM
    If you contact customer service I'm sure they will give you a replacement. I have the Innocase and have never had that happen you just got a one.
    02-06-2010 05:05 PM
    Yeah, no issues with my Extended Innocase. Pretty interesting. I really can't even imagine how the case is doing "that"...

Do you also have a screen protector on it? That could be part of it I suppose.

I concur, contact CS and run it past them, maybe they've seen this issue this before.
    02-06-2010 05:11 PM
    Nope, no screen protector. Just a droid, brand new out of the box, and only about 5 hours old now. I verified that when i pop the screen portion of the innocase off, the keyboard works fine. When i pop it back on, ttyyypppping looksss likkkkeeee thisssss.
    02-06-2010 05:13 PM
    seidio has always had wonderful customer service for me - not using their products on my Droid presently (I'm sporting a SWEET Piel Frama leather case--- woot woot)

Call or email them -- they'll make it right. It must be putting pressure on the screen and throwing it off-kilter.
    02-06-2010 05:36 PM
    Strangest thing. after putting the case on, i was trying to text while the phone was charging through a usb cable. after unplugging the charging cable, the landscape keyboard worked fine with the case on. I tried it multiple times, and the ONLY time the keyboard didn't work properly is when i was i had the Innocase on AND was charging the phone. Very weird.
    02-06-2010 06:49 PM
    Get a replacement Droid. Very simple.
    02-06-2010 09:59 PM
    Get a replacement Droid. Very simple.
    not necessary. started working fine with the case on once i unplugged the USB charging cable. all has been well since.
    02-06-2010 10:02 PM
    GET A REPLACEMENT CASE, OR GET A DIFFERENT CASE!

thats just not cool at all.
    02-07-2010 03:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD