N1 Launcher Ported to Droid

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone using the N1 launcher thats available for the Droid with 2.0.1?

I downloaded and installed it, and it's pretty slick. The extra home screens are nice, although I could go either way with the new 3D launcher.

The only thing I noticed is that there are times when it's very jittery and noticeably slower than the stock launcher (Probably because it's not optimized for the Droid).

Now 2.1 is coming this week, and we won't be seeing the new launcher or home screens on our Droids. Is this because the Droid can't handle all the 3D?

Anyone else using the launcher? Hows it working out on your Droid?

flan (eclair) gallery 2.1 with multi-touch or pinch-to-zoom ported to droid | droid life: a motorola droid blog

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I used it up until early last week when I rooted and installed the Bugless Beast rom. Never really used the homescreen shortcut dots but I liked the 3D launcher and fly-in/out animatons. It'd be nice if it actually wasn't pretty much useless in landscape though.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I hear it's pretty buggy for everyone. Hopefully with this new update to 2.1 will stabilize the 2.1 launcher on the Droid..

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
some have reported bugs. In my case, performance decreased a little bit. Not bad at all. Can't wait until an official version comes out in the future.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The only bug I've seen so far after a few hours is when exiting the browser the screen is blank with just the wallpaper. The fix is just hitting the home button and then everything comes back fast so I will keep testing for a few more days.

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Just loaded it today, its pretty sweet, but totally useless in landscape mode. Not sure 2.1 on Droid will fix this app, until someone and goes and fixes it to do so.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I had it but when I opened the apps every once and a while the phone would freeze and reboot, after a few weeks I uninstalled it and it has not rebooted since

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
If you don't want to root then you are all out of luck on installing an .apk to get the job done. But the Nexus launcher2.apk has been made very stable. the only time it crashes is if put in landscape mode to use the homescreen. this is because the N1 never has a landscape homescreen. other than that i never have any problems with it, and it has the HTC baseline (beautiful on a google experience phone).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer