No Motorola Droid 2.1 Update this week...

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
What does the Sholes 2.0.3 rom give you? I have looked around their site and I can't find the details of what it contains.

i also have the smoked glass rom installed. I was curious about sholes 203 though so I installed their updater and installed the rom. its a good rom, but I switched back to smoked glass. I didn't notice much of a difference between the two. mostly cosmetic. I did however think the smoked glass rom performed better. So yeah I switched back. just thought I'd throw that out there for ya.

hossberry

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
dreamers you all whom believe that the mystical 2.1 will come to all who wait
if you remember when 2.01 dropped it didn't go threw big red it was announced and dropped within a couple days there after

R

Roy Aguilera

dreamers you all whom believe that the mystical 2.1 will come to all who wait
if you remember when 2.01 dropped it didn't go threw big red it was announced and dropped within a couple days there after

It did go through VZW. Motorola does not push the updates, neither does Google. VZW makes the final call.

ferniesp

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I did the Sholes 2.03 and have the SETCPU at 800. Exactly what is the difference from the stock? Yeah, I have the 5 screens and such but speed wise, I can't see any noticeable difference. What does this Shoes give you that the stock doesn't besides the screens.

R

Roy Aguilera

Well being that they have not come out and say that it will not drop this week. I am still hopefull that it will drop by Sunday. If not Jeremy will drive down to Motorola headquarters and give them hell for us. ;)

R

Roy Aguilera

Oh my friken goodness! Thethering on the Droid is out of this world!!!!!!!!!!!! My laptop is smoking hot browsing the web. You have to wonder if Verizon will put a clamp on this with the data that you can use doing this.

As long as you don't over do it. You should be fine. Stay off YouTube and any downloads that are big. Heavy usage will bring up a big red flag and they could charge you/terminate your contract.

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
As long as you don't over do it. You should be fine. Stay off YouTube and any downloads that are big. Heavy usage will bring up a big red flag and they could charge you/terminate your contract.

Aren't we paying for "unlimited data"? I know they have a cap of 5gb stated but I think that would be hard to achieve. I have been streaming Pandora 8hrs/day at work and still have only used hundreds of mb ..

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Aren't we paying for "unlimited data"? I know they have a cap of 5gb stated but I think that would be hard to achieve. I have been streaming Pandora 8hrs/day at work and still have only used hundreds of mb ..

Yeah, but phones are designed to sip data. With computers, on the other hand, 5 gigs is almost nothing. That difference in data usage management is what would create a red flag for Verizon.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Well being that they have not come out and say that it will not drop this week. I am still hopefull that it will drop by Sunday. If not Jeremy will drive down to Motorola headquarters and give them hell for us. ;)

Ha, not sure I could enter with a HTC or Apple device... :eek:

ferniesp

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I am very impressed with the teathering aspect....forgive my spelling. All else is well, no force closes or anything.

Whats everyone's take on what overclock is the most stable?

mostendorf34

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I am very impressed with the teathering aspect....forgive my spelling. All else is well, no force closes or anything.

I have rooted using sholes and have the wifi tethering icon which i click on... i set up a network name and password and turned tethering on but when i connect to it using my macbook pro no webpages load and it says i don't have any internet.... am i missing a step in doing this?

fyrman49

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Ha! Funny stuff. Reminds me a of a thread on CB about a year ago for the .151 upgrade release for the BB Storm. I guess when I get that little icon on my notifacation bar is when we will have the 2.1 upgrade. Until then, I'll live with what I have.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site

I hear most users have it set at 800. Although some have it at 1 GHz and cycle it down to 200-ish at night.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781