No Motorola Droid 2.1 Update this week...

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Yeah, that kind of stinks. But it was limited 2.1 anyways, so really is it that big of a deal?

Personally I am not too excited about the 2.1 release. The custom ROM's do an excellent job of integrating tons of the highlight features anyways.

Mikooster

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
While some features are left out, it should still be smoother and faster and overall better.

Regardless, the feature I'm most looking forward to is the universal voice recognition.

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
While some features are left out, it should still be smoother and faster and overall better.

Regardless, the feature I'm most looking forward to is the universal voice recognition.
Or.... maybe Motorola (or Google) is in the process of adding all the goodies that are originally supposed to be in 2.1?
One could hope right?

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I feel like this image is appropriate.

fuu_bigger.png

ikith

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I think they were talking about the information that was released about the update but then pulled. I think/hope we will still be getting 2.1 this week.

G

GenericMessage

Here are the problems with this;

#1.

This is Boy Genius Report, the biggest joke in tech websites ever. They take any image out there, and put their watermark on it like its theirs. Also he is the most obvious ANTI-Android (and VERY pro-apple) person out there with a website (Google Android Personal Thoughts ? Boy Genius Report)

#2.

This release that Moto made never said they what was said was incorrect in any manner. They never said "its not coming this week, we lied" or "what was said before was a lie/incorrect." They only took down the details of the update, and the facebook announcement of it. And what was put in its place was that they prematurely released that information. NOT prematurely releasing 2.1 to Droid owners.

#3.

Even if they ARE NOT releasing it this week; it would be safe to assume that it was because there was an up-roar about a lack of abilities that many wanted (yes, I know not many of you cared about the 3D app tray or live wallpapers, but the other 200,000 droid owners did.) And they want to add those abilities and possibly MORE!

So that all being said we don't KNOW a damn thing yet. So please, don't fret, we do not know what we will get or when we will or will not get it. So all I can say is keep an eye on your phone and to the sites, when these bad boys start updating, EVERYONE will know about it!

Last edited:

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I guess it's really not a big deal.. as long as the Nexus One gets launched on Verizon in the next couple weeks so I can switch :D

Are you locked into a contract or past 30 days? If not, are you just paying a lot of money to upgrade?

Not trying to be an ass, just curious.

BloodiedWraith

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I think they were talking about the information that was released about the update but then pulled. I think/hope we will still be getting 2.1 this week.

I'm glad I'm not the only one reading it like that. Everyone is thinking that they said that they jumped the gun and 2.1 isn't coming to the Droid this week. I'm reading it as they just prematurely posted the 2.1 details and that they weren't supposed to do that just yet.

Oh well, we'll find out soon enough.

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
good thing we can get all of these features with root... now that im using the 2.01 launcher on sholes 2.03 (still with 5 screens) It works perfectly and looks great with smoked glass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non