Aluminum Macbook= connected to car dock

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
So this is a first for me.. I have my Droid resting on my laptop as i do some homework. I slide it over so I can hit the backspace and i see in the notifications bar that it's connected to the car dock, then I slide it over some more and it'll disconnect from the car dock..

I'm guessing there is a magnet for something that is tricking my Droid to thinking it's connected to a car dock. And I've done it a few times, and it is still doing it. But its only when my Droid is up on top of the keyboard.

Has this happened to anyone else?

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
All MacBooks include a magnet that puts the computer to sleep when you close the screen. The magnet is triggering the sensor in the Droid making it believe it's in the dock.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
At first I thought I did something, or was imaging it.. But i did it like 4 times just sliding it back and forth and it kept turning the car dock off and on. I had read about the MBP thread. I thought it was just a macbook pro thing.

It's pretty cool.. But I'm gonna try not to make it a habit of putting my phone on my mac because my luck I'll break it and it'll stay stuck in car mode :eek:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar