Just a few weeks ago I started having issues whith making and recieving calls. I've uninstalled several apps that Ive downloaded over the last month but still no change.

About once every 2 days now while either making or receiving a call I hear nothing. I answer my phone and can't hear the person calling but they can hear me. I'll hang up and try calling them back and I get the same results. I dont hear the ringing and I dont hear them when they answer but they can still hear me. The only fix is to turn the phone off and back on.

This wasnt that big of a deal but now that its happening so often its becoming a real pain. Anyone else experienced this? If so how did you resolve this issue?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    02-11-2010 06:52 AM
    Never happened to me. Have you tried performing a factory reset yet?
    02-11-2010 07:56 AM
    You're not the only one. I would do as Jeremy suggested first. I had to do a hard reset myself last night for an issue I was having. Sometimes it's just gotta be done.
    02-11-2010 08:03 AM
    You're not the only one. I would do as Jeremy suggested first. I had to do a hard reset myself last night for an issue I was having. Sometimes it's just gotta be done.
    Ah, no wonder I never heard back from you.
    02-11-2010 08:03 AM
    Ah, no wonder I never heard back from you.
    I was definitely busy for a few hours last night. I woke up with my phone in my hands lol.
    02-11-2010 08:05 AM
    I was definitely busy for a few hours last night. I woke up with my phone in my hands lol.
    Oh, that can be dangerous... getting dust under the screen, roll over on it, drop it on the floor, etc...
    02-11-2010 08:24 AM
    Never happened to me. Have you tried performing a factory reset yet?
    I dont even know how to do a factory reset lol. Im pretty clueless when it comes to most of this stuff.

Will that wipe out everything on my phone and make it like new again? (Apps, Contacts, Photos, Etc)
    02-11-2010 08:30 AM
    I dont even know how to do a factory reset lol. Im pretty clueless when it comes to most of this stuff.

Will that wipe out everything on my phone and make it like new again? (Apps, Contacts, Photos, Etc)

Check out the stickied FAQ on how to do a reset, and yes it will put everything back to the way it was out of the box.
    02-11-2010 08:31 AM
    Man I dont want to do that but I might have to. Thanks for the information.
    02-11-2010 09:03 AM
    it's on the reset FAQ. but, don't worry about restoring your apps after a reset. The restore process is easy and only takes a few minutes.
    02-11-2010 09:15 AM
    Man I dont want to do that but I might have to. Thanks for the information.
    Keep us posted please
    02-11-2010 07:07 PM
    here's my response to a similar post; not sure if this is the same situation?

I had this problem too -- I found elsewhere on the web that this can happen if you are listening to music with earphones and pull out the earphones before stopping the music player. apparently the phone gets confused (pardon the terminology; clearly I'm not a techie) and thinks that the earphones are still plugged in, which is why you aren't hearing anything on the call. resolve by restarting. and turn off the music before removing your headphones going forward -- I haven't had a problem since I started doing that.
    03-04-2010 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD