Droid Extended Battery

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Well since there is no accessory section (something we should add to this forum) I will post here, and if its wrong I know the mods will move me to the correct spot!

So anyways, has anyone here tried out the Seidio Extended Battery for the Motorola DROID? I would love to hear what you thought about the extension in battery life, as well as the size and comfort.

If anyone has used it, or currently has it, could you please post some pictures as well?

Thanks in advance!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I can't speak to the Seido's extended battery for the Droid, but I have purchased several of their other extended batteries before, with pretty good results.

With the Droid I decided I didn't want the extra thickness, so I bought a spare regular battery with a battery only charger, and keep a spare ready to go at all times.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I can't speak to the Seido's extended battery for the Droid, but I have purchased several of their other extended batteries before, with pretty good results.

With the Droid I decided I didn't want the extra thickness, so I bought a spare regular battery with a battery only charger, and keep a spare ready to go at all times.

I have liked the extended feel on both my BlackBerry Tour and BlackBerry Storm2, but neither of em I slid open. I think that would make the feel a bit odd. I am trying to hold out for their slim extended battery because that will be just the extra edge I need to make it through the day, considering I am off the charger at 5am every morning.

dcarlton35

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I planned to do what Cory just said and have an extra charged battery to go when needed. I do that currently with my BB Curve but once I get my Droid, I will be buying an extra battery and battery only charger so I have a battery when needed.

milesmcever

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Also am looking at one of these another question I would like to add is how much longer does it take to charge the extended battery over the stock, mainly just on ac adapter I know that charging through the usb on a pc takes longer so that really does not interest me as much.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I have liked the extended feel on both my BlackBerry Tour and BlackBerry Storm2, but neither of em I slid open. I think that would make the feel a bit odd. I am trying to hold out for their slim extended battery because that will be just the extra edge I need to make it through the day, considering I am off the charger at 5am every morning.
What mAh is the extended slim supposed to be?

tateg

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I've been using one for a while now. It takes about 2 hours to charge and it lasts about 14 hours or so with moderate use. With heavy use it lasts about 10 to 12 hours. For reference I went through two OEM batteries daily with my normal use.

The form factor is really ugly. I use a belt clip that has the battery cover outward so it doesn't interfere there. This is the 2600mah battery.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
they have not yet said from the Seidio end. I have read speculation of 1750mAh for the battery.

That would be nice. Some of their extended batteries for BlackBerries have been less than stellar; no worse but usually no better than the stock battery. I'm hoping the extended battery for the Droid will not follow that pattern.

I find the standard battery about as good as the iPhone 3GS, but not as good as the Storm 2.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
they have not yet said from the Seidio end. I have read speculation of 1750mAh for the battery.
If that is an OEM replacement battery that fits a stock droid door. I'd be willing to pay $60-$70 for it. 1350-->1750 is a 30% increase. I'd use every bit of it and i'd probably just make it through a whole day.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Generally it is about $40 for that battery and $60 for the extended that doesnt fit the stock door.

Honestly. It is always the perfect battery to fit my needs. I know I will be ordering it guaranteed the day it is released.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
does it normally take this long to release the ext slim for a phone? Seems like all the others came out quick

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
From what I have seen generally the extended slim batteries from Seidio take a bit longer then normal, as they are trying to master the technology and get the best performance out of it so its worth the purchase :)

loooney2ns

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I had an extended battery when I had my Pearl. It worked great! My storm was okay with the stock battery, but the Droid is a little weak. I'm in for the slim extended battery!

Newps

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I have the extended battery and it lasts me about 50 hours in normal use. The only problem is the battery left amount is not accurate. If I don't restart the phone it will get down to 5% and stay there for 12-14 hours.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
So I emailed Seidio to ask about the other slim battery, unfortunately no further details then whats released on the site, so it is still a waiting game.

Newps - are you on the stock or a custom ROM?

jdwx

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I have the Seidio extended. Has lotsa juice. BUT, I use it a while and the phone says it's at 15%, I turn phone off and back on, and it's back to 70%... have to do this a couple times a day...

Thought the battery was crap at first, till I noticed when I'd swap the extended back in to charge it later, it was showing 60-70% when it said dead when I took it out to go over to the stock battery.

Wtf...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith