FCs on several apps, phone lagging in general

MsRed

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
In the last few weeks, I've noticed I'm getting force closes on a number of apps, Facebook, Tweetdeck, App Launcher. Moving back to the home screen is even laggy. I've started uninstalling apps I don't use much, but I'm not sure what else to do to resolve this. Thoughts?

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Try deleting all threads in your messaging app, then dropping thread limit in settings lower than the default 200, I keep mine at 40 and mms at 10. Then clear the cache in all apps. Browse through apps like you were going to delete them, but press "clear cache" that should help tremendously if you've never done it before.

Reactions: MsRed

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
This ain't working no more (clearing app caches)! The launcher sometimes just sits blank for a minute or two now. Very annoying. Not rooted, moved everything I can to the SD card to keep memory as free as I can. I don't see a way to clear memory cache. I'm months away from the upgrade now, so really don't want to reset the whole thing and start over. And I don't have the app killers or anything like that, either. Ideas?

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Try rebooting your phone when you get the re-draw on your home screen, it clears your memory and starts fresh when it boots back up.