Annoying problem, just to warn you make sure you dont let your battery die completly

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Just a warning to everyone, this seems to be a problem with all my friends Droids as well.

Do not let your battery die completely. Well its not really that bad, more annoying if anything.

If your phone dies completely, then you cannot turn it on unless you have a wall charger. Also a car phone charger seems to work as well.

So the problem is you cannot turn your phone on now matter how long you leave it connected by USB!

You will only be able to turn it on with a wall charger or car charger. This has annoyed me a few times, heavy use at work, I only bring a USB charger and Im not at my desk all day, my phone dies, argh can't turn it on again.

milesmcever

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I have done this on my droid and it did come back as soon as i plugged in my car charger have not tried usb to a computer yet, but it does show the car charger as AC on the battery app i got, i might give it a try tonight and see if I can revive on the computer USB.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Good thing that the USB cable is the charger. Would be more of a pain if they were separate devices, like a BB.

Not a HUGE pain, of course, but I do like the double wall charger/usb they have going.

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
My droid's battery has died before and Ive never used the wall charger. it does come back to life after like 20 mins or so

My buddy left his plugged in USB on his PC at work for over an hour and it wouldn't turn on. Same with me, plugged in in forever and it would not come on.

Chiefvelo#IM

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
usb is a poor charging solution to begin with, each computer output is different and it is unregulated. just because it can doesn't mean it was made to do that. usb3.0 should be a great improvement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463