Sudden Dead Battery Indication

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Okay, so this was extremely weird and I'm not sure if anyone has ever seen this happen with their Droid's. I searched the forums and didn't see anything about this, so here goes.

I always fully charge my phone before work or going out. I went to go to work the other day(mind you, with a fully charged phone). I had the phone in my pocket, on vibrate. On break I pulled the phone out of my pocket, and suddenly I see the "Less than 5% battery life remaining" notification, and the battery is in the red. I immediately thought something was wrong. But when I shut the phone off and turned it back on, it was back to showing full battery.

I thought it might have been a one time thing, but the same exact thing happened to me yesterday. Has anyone else heard of this happening? It's weird.

cpalmer2k

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I've had it happen one time about a week ago, I just cut it off, back on again and it went away without recharging. Definitely some sort of weird glitch.

bconley007

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
same exact thing happened to me...fully charged and put it on vibrate and then put it in my jacket pocket....got the 5% battery left....turned it off then on and problem solved...only happened once and i usually carry it in a holster and that has never happened before with the holster carry so dont know how it happened

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
It has happened to me twice and has been reported here before. I just plugged my Droid back into the charger and within a minute it was back to 90%, where it had been when the battery "died."

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm glad mine isn't an isolated incident then, because it had me pretty freaked out when it happened..and even more freaked out the second time it happened.

jdwx

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
It's happened to me. Particularly when I use my extended battery. Shwoing dead, then I turn off and back on, battery is full again...

Ugh...

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Exact same thing happened to me the first month that I had my Droid. I think I even posted about it when it happened. I think it is a temperature related problem. I had been outside using the Droid in cold weather. When I got into my car to recharge, it was back to 90%.

jdwx

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Mine does it regardless. Much worse with the Seidio Extended battery for sure tho. Just sorta odd. I can live with it. Just end up cycling phone off and on a couple times a day... At least I don't have to pull the battery like certain phones, haha...

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Mine does it regardless. Much worse with the Seidio Extended battery for sure tho. Just sorta odd. I can live with it. Just end up cycling phone off and on a couple times a day... At least I don't have to pull the battery like certain phones, haha...

It happens to you several times a day? I thought once or twice a week was annoying, damn...

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Happened to me for the first time today too. I just turned it off and turned it back on like everyone said and it was fine. I wonder why this is happening, hopefully it gets fixed when 2.1 is released.

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
It happened to me for the first time on Saturday. I had had it out of the charger for about two hours, and got a "battery less than 5%" message. I turned the Droid off, turned it right back on again, and the battery level was back to 100% (or over 90%, it obviously couldn't have been at 100% after being out of the charger for two hours).

drathos

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I've had it happen while on the charger. Woke up one morning to a red LED and when I took it off the dock to figure out what it was, the warning message was there as soon as the dock app closed. Looked around a bit and put it back on the dock and the LED went out right away.

I've also had it happen a few times during the day and the off/on trick has worked every time.

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Yep, it's happened to me as well, don't think it is a temperature related problem. I've had it happen while plugged in and just in regular use, but it seems to go away when you turn it on and off or put back on the charger for a minute. Weird, but we can all hope it will be fixed when 2.1 arrives, when it arrives. . . .

pwrmetal

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
It's happened to me too several times. In fact it happened to me today. I usually just put it on the charger when I am home. Today I did that and after a few minutes took it off and it was at 60%... Weird.

tnoaries

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I have had the problem several times. It has happened 3 times in a row once the Uptime gets to 291 hrs. Once 291 hrs or so is reached the Battery Level suddenly drops from wherever it is (90/80/70 doesn't matter) to 5%. I would say that is a bug.:mad:

daThomas#AC

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Yup happened to the Wifey the other night. She looked at her phone and was whining about the battery being dead, I turned it off and back on and bam, 80%. Hope this gets fixed in 2.1.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
And when WILL we ever get 2.1? I figured it to be the fix for a lot of early troubles, and here we are nearly two months from when it first seemed that it was rolling out.