Droid for att

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Doubtful but you can get the Telus version that was released today in Canada for $600 and have it unlocked... will get AT&T 3G that way.

entwined82

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
If I was on AT&T and you don't like the Nexus One I'd wait a few months and see whats coming. There are at least 5 coming out including one from Dell and I think 2 from HTC. Not sure which the 2 others are, they didn't mention in the press release I read, just that they were coming. There could be something nicer than the Droid on the way. The Telus option might work if you're impatient but it is pretty expensive to buy unlocked.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
If I was on AT&T and you don't like the Nexus One I'd wait a few months and see whats coming. There are at least 5 coming out including one from Dell and I think 2 from HTC. Not sure which the 2 others are, they didn't mention in the press release I read, just that they were coming. There could be something nicer than the Droid on the way. The Telus option might work if you're impatient but it is pretty expensive to buy unlocked.

And with all the new phones coming, there are at least 1 or 2 that are more powerful than the droid, and 2 that are equally powerful.

So yes, the best advice is ... wait.

entwined82

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
And with all the new phones coming, there are at least 1 or 2 that are more powerful than the droid, and 2 that are equally powerful.

So yes, the best advice is ... wait.

Yup, as much as I love my Droid had I not been in a situation where I HAD to make a decision and had no possible chance of waiting I would have waited to see what was coming out. I had my out with Sprint without an ETF so I jumped at it and got onto my bro's family plan. Unfortunately it was only valid till like mid February so I had to make my decision fast. I'm happy with the choice I made but there are some sick new Android phones coming out.

dcarlton35

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Yup, as much as I love my Droid had I not been in a situation where I HAD to make a decision and had no possible chance of waiting I would have waited to see what was coming out. I had my out with Sprint without an ETF so I jumped at it and got onto my bro's family plan. Unfortunately it was only valid till like mid February so I had to make my decision fast. I'm happy with the choice I made but there are some sick new Android phones coming out.

Like what? I have seen the Devour and it is nothing compared to the Droid. I have seen the HTC Desire and Legend but I read that they were going to Tmo but I want to stay with Verizon though since my wife works for them. So if anyone knows via news what phones are coming, can you please let me know where to find this info?

Much appreciated! :cool:

entwined82

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Like what? I have seen the Devour and it is nothing compared to the Droid. I have seen the HTC Desire and Legend but I read that they were going to Tmo but I want to stay with Verizon though since my wife works for them. So if anyone knows via news what phones are coming, can you please let me know where to find this info?

Much appreciated! :cool:

Well the ones I was referring to were for the OP who is on AT&T it seems. I know of 5 unnamed devices coming out that will be AT&T capable.

Not sure about Sprint or Verizon unfortunately. I'd love to see HTC try to make an N1 variant with a real keyboard, thats on my dream list right now. I'm disliking a lot of the touch screen only stuff coming these days. The only thing I know for sure is that there IS a Nexus One phone coming to Verizon, sometime this Spring.

Best bet is to follow dedicated cell phone site front pages, engadget, of course androidcentral, etc. You'll know about the phones as soon as anybody else then.

dcarlton35

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Well the ones I was referring to were for the OP who is on AT&T it seems. I know of 5 unnamed devices coming out that will be AT&T capable.

Not sure about Sprint or Verizon unfortunately. I'd love to see HTC try to make an N1 variant with a real keyboard, thats on my dream list right now. I'm disliking a lot of the touch screen only stuff coming these days. The only thing I know for sure is that there IS a Nexus One phone coming to Verizon, sometime this Spring.

Best bet is to follow dedicated cell phone site front pages, engadget, of course androidcentral, etc. You'll know about the phones as soon as anybody else then.

Thank you, entwined! I thought someone knew of something before I had because it's been a couple days since I have looked.

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site

Do anu of these 5 phones come with a keyboard. Do you have a link to the article you read?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12