Facebook Contact Pics Not Syncing

DERacing

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Lately, some of my contacts that are on facebook, are not syncing up with my contacts list on my Moto Droid.

I have split and rejoined the contacts... Even deleted the contact in gmail\contacts. Deleted it from the phone. Then went in Gmail\Contacts, created a new contact. Synced the contact to the phone, edited that contact and joined it with the Facebook contact. Still not linking properly.

I did notice that it seems like it is listing the incorrect facebook name. I have one contact named AAA BBB CCC DDD on facebook and it is only showing AAA DDD on the droid.

Any thoughts or tips on this is greatly appreciated.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
one way to do it is to create the contact you want synced

then have the droid sync all facebook contacts (not just ones that are already in your list)

then in your contacts app, click on the facebook contact, click menu then merge/join and then select the other contact.

after they are joined, you can change your facebook syncing options if you want.

clr007

Jan 26, 2010
www.crankin.net
If you do this, and then change your Facebook syncing options, will the Facebook-only contacts be deleted from the phone? I'd hate to sync all contacts, then choose the option to only sync with contacts from elsewhere and still have to delete 700+ contacts on my own.

That's the one problem with the way that most of these phones are syncing with sites like Facebook at current... There should be an option to select contacts to sync from Facebook by allowing you to select all people in certain Facebook groups. This would solve quite a bit of problems for me.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Yea contacts can be kind of weird. Mine were ok, then I installed BB (beast) and had some contacts issues. Then for some reason a lot of the contact info was missing...like phone numbers and such were just gone. AND they were deleted from gmail as well which was weird. Luckily I had a mybackup pro backup to restore, but I still can't sync my contacts ("there is a problem syncing contacts right now") for the past week...

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
when you change the settings for facebook sync back to normal, the facebook only contacts should go away on their own

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm having this problem now. Contacts have been synced since I got the phone now all of a sudden the pics disappeared and I cant even sync with facebook. When I go to accounts & sync, add account, and select facebook it does nothing...???

Edit: NM, somehow don't sync was checked in facebook. Thats strange, I've never done that?...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles