02-18-2010 07:13 PM
37 12
tools
    - Snapdragon or best stable processor at release
    - Camera designed by Canon
    - Replace keyboard with Original NES controller
    - Change Gold to Silver like Milestone
    - Better Battery and Door
    - Move all buttons except the volume, camera and screen on/off button to be an on screen input
    - Ability to use as a TV Remote
    - FM Receiver
    02-18-2010 03:12 PM
    Can I change the question up a bit? What about what you'd like to see on the software side?

Improved Camera Software
    Touch Screen to Wake
    Flash (of course)
    Better Media Player
    Ability to remove items from the launcher or rearrange it
    I'd love to hide Apps in the launcher, but in reality i'd rather just want to remove Apps like Amazon MP3.

Camera- i think the droid just needs a better lens, if you've got a bunch of pixels behind an average lens, you'll only get a very pixel-ed, average picture. But more time spent on the software would also be great, we've seen what apple was able to do with their simple 3.2 camera

Media Player- I'm actually satisfied, it does everything i need. it could be more visually appealing, but that's no biggy. I'd love to have an integrated (GMote) style data stream over Wifi. If you could watch movies on your phone from your Laptop hard-drive without killing your battery.

As for UI, Does Sense take anything away from the Google experience? If not then i'd just rather Google purchase the rights to Sense and make that the core OS, then if Other Android manufacturers (Moto) wanted to release a UI replacement Google could just release the steps on removing the aesthetics of Sense so MotoBlur would still be the same and not need to be totally reworked.

I wonder what HTC would do in that case? What else could they do to a phone to make an HTC device more appealing than a standard Google device?
    02-18-2010 03:16 PM
    - Snapdragon or best stable processor at release
    - Camera designed by Canon
    - Change Gold to Silver like Milestone
    - Better Battery and Door
    - Move all buttons except the volume, camera and screen on/off button to be an on screen input
    - FM Receiver
    Already have a fm receiver just not active
    and would love silver instead is of gold
    use the lense from that Nokia uses in the n series their great
    good idea about the battery door the current one sucks
    02-18-2010 03:18 PM
    PS. I think these two changes would be REALLY cool... Imagine playing your NES roms on your NES Droid Controller

And not having to find the TV Remote, but rather just using the phone you already have attached to you

Already have a fm receiver just not active
    Cool! Does it really??? Thats news to me!
    02-18-2010 03:21 PM
    BT Voice Dialing!
    02-18-2010 05:24 PM
    Lte and a bigger screen!!!
    02-18-2010 05:41 PM
    BT Voice Dialing!
    does rooting give you this control already? because the hardware is there. Verizon just blocked this out i believe.
    02-18-2010 05:43 PM
    Lte and a bigger screen!!!
    Bigger? I will need a backpack to carry it if it gets much bigger. Also, imagine trying to use it as an actual phone if it were much bigger, that'd be a pain.
    02-18-2010 05:43 PM
    Bigger? I will need a backpack to carry it if it gets much bigger. Also, imagine trying to use it as an actual phone if it were much bigger, that'd be a pain.
    In pictures the HD2 doesn't look that much bigger than the Droid. To me it doesn't seem that bad.
    02-18-2010 05:55 PM
    In pictures the HD2 doesn't look that much bigger than the Droid. To me it doesn't seem that bad.
    Yeah, I guess. I couldnt have ever imagined myself using this device, let alone something bigger. But I guess we will see
    02-18-2010 05:56 PM
    It would be nice to have a 4 inch screen just git rid of that bottom lip or make the screen even with it
    02-18-2010 06:17 PM
    Also:
    Locate the back/menu/home/search buttons (preferably onscreen) at the top of the phone... i don't know about you, but its not easy for me to hit back while holding the phone with one hand.
    02-18-2010 07:13 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD