Geo-Tagging on the Moto Droid

djengh

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I read that all you have to do is have your location on for the geo-tagging to work when you take pictures. I upload them and go to Picasa and there is no location listed. Sorry for sounding dumb but I'm lost. Can someone throw me a bone? I'm in an old Alltel market but my gps works for all other apps.

:confused:

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Go into the camera app and press the menu button, then go down to "Store Location" and set it to on. It should tag them after you change the setting.

johnatthebar

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
you can also see the location when using the gallery on your phone to browse the pics. A number of photo management apps (and even sharing sites) allow this functionality, as geo-tagging is, as far as I know, standardized.

Keep in mind that when you snap a pic, the longer the camera app is up the better GPS fix you will get. If you open the camera app and snap right away it may only get the right general area/city. Leave it a little longer and it will record the exact location. There is an icon that shows on the display but I cant recall if it flashes when it acquires or how that works.

Even if you only get the general area saved its still useful for multi-city vacations (cruises for example) and other situations. The new gallery app also allows grouping by the area in which the photos were taken.

djengh

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Thats what I'm having a problem with. I have my location set to on, I let the camera app stay open for a bit, and I see the gps icon and still no location in Picasa. I just downloaded the flickr app and Ill see how that works. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12