Compact Qwerty Question

Fat Fingers

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
its predictive text...... if you want to use compact keyboard without predictive text then change the symbol that says xt9 to ABC

not following you...If I try just typing, it types completely different words than what I am trying to type......sorry, I must clearly be missing something here.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
have you tried typing the word, pretend there is only the letter that you want on there. if it does not predict the right word, usually itll give some choices for you to chose from.

if not, try to double tap each letter and see if it will go to the second letter.

that1bb

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
It's a keyboard replacement app, like better keyboard and swipe. Search the market for it. I believe it is free. G'day

scarez

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
It is similar to the Blackberry SureType keyboard layout, 2 letters per key. But sadly it is nothing like the Suretype on Blackberry, nowhere near as smart in figuring out what you are trying to type. And some simple words like "for" fail miserably and end up being "doe" if you are not paying attention. Another downside to the "Better Keyboard" app is that in some apps when typing you could not see anything other than the current word being typed, as soon as you hit the space bar or moved onto the next word it will disappear from the text box. It was still there, just not visible, seems like quite the big flaw if you ask me.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
It is similar to the Blackberry SureType keyboard layout, 2 letters per key. But sadly it is nothing like the Suretype on Blackberry, nowhere near as smart in figuring out what you are trying to type. And some simple words like "for" fail miserably and end up being "doe" if you are not paying attention. Another downside to the "Better Keyboard" app is that in some apps when typing you could not see anything other than the current word being typed, as soon as you hit the space bar or moved onto the next word it will disappear from the text box. It was still there, just not visible, seems like quite the big flaw if you ask me.

The HTC "Touch Input" keyboard is much better than suretype. I agree, the Better Keyboard app is not as good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance