what to do with my retired droid 1?

Swavek

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
i recently upgraded to the new htc thunderbolt and retired my good old droid 1. at the moment, i'm using it as an alarm clock but are there other things that i could use it for? i still love my old droid 1 and would love to put it to some practical use.
what do you guys think?

jayblazer

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to stick a 32 gig card in mine and use it for games and an mp3 player. I have never used as one before because I needed the batt to last all day.

og_president

Banned
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
You have 5 options

1. Flash it to metro PCS and sell it on Craigslist

2. Use it as a Dev phone (if you make a high traffic app with ads you WILL be a millionaire)

3. Flash cm7 and sell/trade on Craigslist

4. Use as a gym iPod

5. Will it blend?

Swyped from my Gingerbread'ed Optimus S

methusalem

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
you could also sell it or give it to someone who you know will love it? Got any teenagers in your extended family?

I'm looking to pick one of these up to tinker with before Verizon rolls out dual cores finally, so it's great to hear about all the options!

Chillerman

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
i recently upgraded to the new htc thunderbolt and retired my good old droid 1. at the moment, i'm using it as an alarm clock but are there other things that i could use it for? i still love my old droid 1 and would love to put it to some practical use.
what do you guys think?

I'm in the exact same situation. Love my Tbolt! I'm currently using the D1 for games for my 7 year old daughter because I don't want a bunch of games on the Tbolt. Wireless still works and apps can be downloaded, but GPS apps such as Google Maps and Navigation require a network connection which usually isn't available in your car when you need it, unless you use the TBolt as a mobile hotspot. I recently rooted my D1 just for fun and downloaded some roms after browsing these forums. Still a good little portable.

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Since I bought the dock and car mound for my OG droid, and updated to the thunderbolt, I didn't want to bother buying another car dock for my new phone. So I keep my Droid in the car, and use the Thunderbolts hotspot feature to use my OG Droid as a standalone GPS via Wifi with Google Maps.

anon(47319)

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Turn it into the most over-glorified mp3 player on the face of the planet. Flash a different Rom on it every night just because you can!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante