Droid n00b Question

jordo

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I've had my droid for about 24 hours now and am getting everything setup pretty well and have been using the forums quite a bit. One question I still have that I can't seem to find anything on here is with the SD card.

I have 2 Windows 7 PCs at home and my work laptop is a Windows 7 machine as well. I plug the phone into all 3 and they all said "installed drivers successfully" On my home PCs it only shows up in devices but not under my computer. On my work laptop it appears in both but when i click on the drive letter the card is assigned it says please insert card like its a card ready with nothing in it. There is nothing on the SD card and i have reformatted it and taken it out and put it back in.

I used to have a BB Curve and Windows would just allow me to use it like a flash drive and I could just drag and drop music and other files on it. Can I use the Droid in the same manner or do I have to get some sort of software to manage this?

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
When your phone is plugged into your PC via USB, you have to pull down the notification list on your phone and click the USB Connect notification to mount the SD card with your PC. At this point, Android unmounts the card and our PC will mount it and then you can use it as a drive on your PC.

When you're finished, you have to unmount the card on your PC by using the "Safely remove hardware" feature. After you unmount with your PC, then you go to the notification bar of the phone again and click the USB notification and tell it to unmount. After that, the PC no longer has the SD card mounted and Android will remount the SD card again.

-SR-

PS: I've seen mention of an app in the Market Place that will automate this process, but I can't remember what it's called and I haven't tried it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance