droid locking up

stepka

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I have had my Droid sine November and I am now on my 3rd one. The phone locks up in standby mode. Verizon started by saying it was 3rd party apps. So we did a reset and erased all of the apps. Than it still happened so they sent me a warranty phone. Than it happened again. They said it was the battery, still did it. Got another replacement phone in the mail yesterday, did the same thing. The only apps I had was zedge, weather channel and twitterdroid. The Rep at the store said it was freezing because of my 3rd party apps. Even after I stated that I had wiped the phone of all apps and it still did it he was trying to pull a power trip move and added an app to wipe my apps off. I am so sick of this phone I want to make it a shooting target for a. 50 cal. Than drop it off at the store and tell the same rep "blame it on the apps now!!!"

Last edited:
R

Roy Aguilera

Weird. Wonder what could be the culprit being that it has happened to 3 of your droids.
My first one did that but after exchanging it, I have been good.

stepka

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't even have any apps like panda or home ++. I am so sick of this stupid Motorola. I use my phone for buisness and its constantly costing me money every time I have a problem. I thought my storm was bad, this is the last Motorola product I will buy.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If I were you I would try rooting and using a different rom and see if that stops the freezing. I never really had any problems with the stock rom but its been awhile since I've used it. And if that doesn't fix the problem you can always go back to stock rom fairly easy.

Then I would wait for the nexus to be released and go back to verizon telling them that this is the 4th droid and all had the same problem that you want a different and equal phone and get the nexus. Just make sure your nice to the rep if you go in there screaming and ranting they will be less likely to help you out.

Good Luck

stepka

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't want to mess with programing or anything with this phone because than it gives them another reason to beat around the bush

daThomas#AC

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
I find it to be pretty long odds that 3 Droids, out of the box, all have a locking up problem.

If true, you've had some amazingly bad luck. My advice is to try one more replacement and to buy a lotto ticket cause you're owed some good fortune.

ikith

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Interesting. Try another replacement and if that doesn't get you anywhere then try a different phone if you don't want to keep going through this. Sorry for your luck.

darreno1

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
The first thing anyone with this problem should do is go through their apps / utilities and uninstall one at a time to see if the problem clears. Also get rid of any task managers. I never use them and don't have issues with my battery or memory leakage. The last resort (before thinking about returning it) would be to do a factory reset.

Bought mine just days after release and it has yet to lock up.

daThomas#AC

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
The first thing anyone with this problem should do is go through their apps / utilities and uninstall one at a time to see if the problem clears. Also get rid of any task managers. I never use them and don't have issues with my battery or memory leakage. The last resort (before thinking about returning it) would be to do a factory reset.

He's claiming three units have consistently locked up even after a factory reset with no added apps.

ikith

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site

Read the OP carefully... He said he has done a factory reset and has no apps and it still locks up.

You would have known that IF you had read the op.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze