Have you noticed any improvements in performance from various updates since it first lauched?

Specifically the Camera and the Touch-Sensitive Keys?
    Have you had problems with accidentally hitting any of the four keys?

Also, would you trade your phone for a Verizon N1 (after droid gets 2.1)?

Thanks guys, these are my main barriers to buying this phone, coming from a Storm.
    03-04-2010 10:46 PM
    Since launch, we have received an update to 2.0.1. That brought much needed improvements to the camera and a few other things like the lock screen. Before I purchased a Seidio surface case for my Droid, I would frequently accidentally hit the search button. That case put just enough border around the screen and I have not had a problem with that since.
    Even though I rarely use the slide out keyboard, I would not trade for a N1 because the Droid gets the best reception of any phone I have used including blackberries. I just would not want to risk losing that. Droid rocks!
    03-04-2010 10:59 PM
    lol thats awesome! glad you love your phone! one more question: did the lag when switching home screens get resolved? that was so unattractive
    03-04-2010 11:11 PM
    I have not noticed any Lag.
    03-04-2010 11:35 PM
    I noticed a pretty significant increase in the effectiveness of the auto-brightness feature from 2.0 to 2.0.1.
    03-05-2010 12:55 AM
    For me personally, I saw a decline in overall performance with my Droid with the last 2.0.1 update unfortunately. Since then, Ive been dissapointed with my droid, however, once I rooted then installed Smoking Glass Rom, Im loving it once again.

So all-in-all, for me, 2.0.1 was a terrible update, atleast for my Droid and I had 2 of them with the update, both ran terribly, especially with the online browser.
    03-05-2010 01:02 AM
    I didn't see a lag switching home screens with either version.

The phone did improve for me slightly. To begin with there really isn't much to complain about. I think some issues are a result of a 3rd party apps but even those aren't deal breakers. 2.01 really isn't what make the biggest improvement. It's the growth of android itself.

Both Google's apps and the market in general has grown exponentially since I've owned the droid. There may not be 100,00+ apps but there an app for that and a map for that with the droid. With 2.1 things can only get better.
    03-05-2010 01:23 AM
    the nexus one at this point and time is a terrible phone. the only nice things about it are visual and have nothing to do with actually performance. all the other HTC phones that come out this year will be far superior to it. if u have reservations about the droid i would recommend waiting for the incredible or whatever comes out after the nexus one (if it even comes out.) i personally love my droid. i didnt like it when it first came out but after the 2.0.1 update we are getting a long much better. its overall faster and smoother since the update than it was before. also i really love the ROMs that are coming out for it theres so much more u can do with the phone. i definitely recommend giving it a try. push come to shove if u dont like it u can always go back to ur old fone.
    03-05-2010 10:01 AM
    thanks, guys again
    03-05-2010 11:39 AM
    Specifically the Camera and the Touch-Sensitive Keys?
    Well, the camera has the same sensor so it's still taking the same poor quality images except in brightly lit conditions.

Have you had problems with accidentally hitting any of the four keys?
    Never had an issue with them myself.

Also, would you trade your phone for a Verizon N1 (after droid gets 2.1)?
    Nope. I wouldn't even trade right now.
    03-05-2010 02:39 PM
    Don't know about the HTC Nexus, but I've had two Moto Droids and my wife had two HTC Eris phones. We live in a weak signal area and both HTCs dropped calls, the Moto Droid does not.
    03-05-2010 05:47 PM
    I don't know about improvement from motorola. But the root and roms out now are unbelievable.
    03-05-2010 06:10 PM
    I don't know about improvement from motorola. But the root and roms out now are unbelievable.
    ageed, the significant progress has been made by the dev community. As this is, by its very nature, an open platform actually inviting this sort of thing - hacks aren't really "hacks" they're developments
    03-05-2010 06:28 PM
    I notice a big difference in battery life and overall speed with the 2.0.1 update from 2.0

Also i'd never get a N1. Too many screen/softkey/3G issues.
    Plus the lack of a physical keyboard
    03-05-2010 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD