Quick question...

Has anyone noticed (and maybe it's just me) that whenever you try to upload an MMS or seemingly when you also receive them... if you are over Wifi, I notice that 3G seems to enable itself to do the MMS uploading and downloading.

Why is this? Wouldn't Wifi be able to do the job... and do it faster then 3G?

Mike
    03-09-2010 03:56 PM
    I've never noticed that before..I'll watch it next time I recieve an MMS message..

Interesting..
    03-09-2010 04:18 PM
    Quick question...

Has anyone noticed (and maybe it's just me) that whenever you try to upload an MMS or seemingly when you also receive them... if you are over Wifi, I notice that 3G seems to enable itself to do the MMS uploading and downloading.

Why is this? Wouldn't Wifi be able to do the job... and do it faster then 3G?

Mike
    You are correct. MMS messages only up and download through Verizon's data network. Outside networks cannot access the MMS servers.
    03-09-2010 04:23 PM
    You are correct. MMS messages only up and download through Verizon's data network. Outside networks cannot access the MMS servers.
    That would make sense since the MMS messages are sent cell to cell through the carrier. At least the Droid is smart enough to switch back to 3G for MMS. My wifes Palm Pre Plus won't send or recieve MMS while connected to wifi.
    03-09-2010 07:33 PM
    Sadly its just text messages that aren't 3G

No Wifi love!
    03-09-2010 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD