Contacts-Switching from Storm to Droid

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Is your storm still active? If so, you can use google sync on the storm with your gmail address and it will be automatically pulled in when you sign in on your droid. If the storm isn't active, you can use desktop manager to export your contacts as a .csv file and import them by logging into gmail on your computer.

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Is your storm still active? If so, you can use google sync on the storm with your gmail address and it will be automatically pulled in when you sign in on your droid. If the storm isn't active, you can use desktop manager to export your contacts as a .csv file and import them by logging into gmail on your computer.

I installed google sync on my Storm right before I bought my Droid and that worked wonders.

G

GenericMessage

Any VZW store will do it for you as well.

Some might try to charge you, but just say "nah" and they'll just do it for free

Chaos5

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Most authorized retailers will probably have a cellebrite machine to do the transferring if your local corporate store doesn't also.

dlove119

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I switched from the Storm to the Droid because the prong on my charger had gone bad. I was fearful I would lose all of my contacts, and the VZ rep tried made an effort to swap it but the prong was toast. I set up the droid and was shocked to see I hadn't lost one contact. Everything was there.
I had forgotten about it, but I had Google Synch on my phone. I had recently updated it too. So I really lucked out. I love Google.