DX2 or Bionic next?

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't want to ask this in either subforum because those there have probably already made up their minds, and you all are coming from the same D1 perspective as I am . . .

D1 getting old (I was first in line on release day at my local Verizon store), and I have been getting by with rooting and ROM's, but time is almost up.

I want dual core, so no tbolt, DINC2 or Charge. I don't necessarily need 4G because we won't get it in my area for most of the life of my next phone, I am guessing. I would have to wait for the Bionic, but I am a bit put off by the DX hard buttons, which are supposedly the same in the DX2.

Anything else compelling about either the Bionic or DX2 that I should be considering?

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Hard to speculate at this point about the Bionic. My best guess is that it will blow the DX2 out of the water and most likely not have hard buttons. But again, no idea what new form factor or specs will end up on the Bionic. And the DX2 we already know everything about and the pictures have been released so you can look at it, its a spitting image of the DX with a few minor tweaks, hard buttons are still there though.

I am either going to wait for the Bionic, or jump ship to Sprint or T-Mobile (which i despise doing) and get a good phone...

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Right now, we seem to know that the DX2 will be dual core, high-end screen, increased RAM, those should match up with the Bionic about equal. But the Bionic will have a sleeker form factor most likely, and is being refitted to dock with a "Webtop" hardware like the Atrix. And, of course, it will have 4G. So, it definitely might be worth waiting for.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting for an HTC device with a dual-core processor and LTE capability. I hope to see something like that in Q4 of this year or Q1 next.

I really enjoy the openness and tweakability of the Droid, so I won't be staying with Moto.

loooney2ns

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I've been waiting for the Bionic and I'm going to continue to wait. If there were no 4g, I would buy the DX2, but I want a 4g phone and it has to be at least dual core. If I'm going to be stuck with it for 2 years, I'm going to get what I want. My D1 will have to last a little longer.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been waiting for the Bionic and I'm going to continue to wait. If there were no 4g, I would buy the DX2, but I want a 4g phone and it has to be at least dual core. If I'm going to be stuck with it for 2 years, I'm going to get what I want. My D1 will have to last a little longer.

I agree, my quandry is that it looks like we will not get 4G in my area for at least a year, maybe longer. Since rumor is that the DX2 will have the same hardware, just lack 4G, it becomes an option. But, I would be truly bummed if we ended up getting 4G much sooner than anticipated.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I say go with the DX2. LTE is problematic and will be until the hardware catches up and WebTop is a waste of resources if you don't need or use it. Then if you want to use it you have to purchase an expensive dock. Not worth it in my opinion.

That would be my choice if I was looking to get one or the other. Droid 3 will be anoter great choice if you like the pull-out keyboard.

I'm passing on all LTE phones this year.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
And, Rubin just said we will be getting a new Nexus vanilla android phone, and if that one comes to Verizon, I will ditch whatever I have and get that one anyway! :0)

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
At this point I am waiting, impatiently, for the Bionic. However, I am very interested in what the D3 will look like. My dream phone would be a D3 spec'd out like the Bionic, and with perfect slide out keyboard!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes