Charging Battery Slow

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
How long does it take to fully charge your phone? Mine is at 3 hours and only at 60% (started at 5%). It seems like it takes forever to charge the phone. Does that seem normal?

CJ

Trusted Member
Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Mine charges much faster then that but I also lock the screen and let it go black while charging. My battery was draining really fast the other day and then I noticed the GPS icon was on my screen like it is when I am using the google navigator to get directions. I had to go into my settings and turn gps mode off for it to go away. Then the next time I used google nav I had to turn it back on but it has been going off on it's own fine since then. But the other morning my phone was flashing red and the battery was about dead and the gps/satellite icon was on again. I opened nav and played with locations and then exited and it went off again. Check and make sure you are using advanced task killer and that you don't have apps running in the background that should be sleeping.

entwined82

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like it thinks its a standard PC USB connection if its charging that slowly. The wall outlet charges usually 2X as fast. Next time phone is drained charge it via PC and see how long it takes, I bet you its close to that.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
You may want to try a different charger. There's a possibility that the power brick you're using is faulty.

It sounds like it thinks its a standard PC USB connection if its charging that slowly. The wall outlet charges usually 2X as fast. Next time phone is drained charge it via PC and see how long it takes, I bet you its close to that.

Use the charger that comes with the phone (brick + USB cable) not a charger from a BlackBerry or anything like that. I charge mine using the dock and the original charger.

Also, DON'T let the battery drain all the way. If the battery is dead it takes a lot longer to charge. When you get down to 20% plug the thing in if at all possible.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
But the other morning my phone was flashing red and the battery was about dead and the gps/satellite icon was on again.
You might want to make sure that you're not leaving the browser at the Google home page or that you disable location awareness for the Google home page. That and make sure that you don't have any other apps that are using the GPS receiver (ShopSavvy frequently updates its location) when you don't expect it.

Use the charger that comes with the phone (brick + USB cable) not a charger from a BlackBerry or anything like that.
Specifically, you want to supply as many mA as the Droid needs. IIRC the one that comes with the Droid is 850mA. The less you supply the longer charge times will be.

Last edited:

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I use my old wall charger from my lg dare and it charges it no problem. USB will take forever.. I also make sure my screen is black. I think that helps, and I try not to play on it. :) I think if you just buy another charger then you'll be good to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol