03-29-2010 01:04 AM
731 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    i'm running koush's 5.0.4.3...happy as a bug. but i even got wrapped up in this 2.1 thread. so from a certain standpoint...2.1 OTA has touched us all with it's pwn'ing fingers... o_0

i also need to get an online account for pics so i can post my phone status pics...
    Picasa ftw---you can upload directly from the 2.1 gallery.
    03-18-2010 01:26 PM
    Check this post out over at DroidMod:

phone downloaded 2.1
    03-18-2010 01:27 PM
    i cant believe that no one has gotten it yet and put it in a link to download yet i mean i can get all the roms but thats it
    03-18-2010 01:28 PM
    No, because not all of us got pwned

Nice rom... I don't think google calls their user chaos and uses ubuntu to compile it.
    03-18-2010 01:28 PM
    This is getting ridiculous... sigh.
    03-18-2010 01:29 PM
    Nice rom... I don't think google calls their user chaos and uses ubuntu to compile it.

Thats just the kernel. The rest is ESE53. My kernel is newer than what you will get with ESE53.
    03-18-2010 01:30 PM
    Check this post out over at DroidMod:

phone downloaded 2.1
    That is interesting...It downloaded but wouldn't work. That could mean the push has an incomplete executable...that would make sense on the hold up. Hopefully that means a pretty quick fix
    03-18-2010 01:33 PM
    That is interesting...It downloaded but wouldn't work. That could mean the push has an incomplete executable...that would make sense on the hold up. Hopefully that means a pretty quick fix

I have a feeling it was more of a hoax.
    03-18-2010 01:37 PM
    Hard to believe someone with 12 posts. :P
    03-18-2010 01:38 PM
    Interesting indeed.
    03-18-2010 01:38 PM
    What's this!?!? It's like the first appearance of a golden ticket after willy announced the contest. LOL. If it's real that is.
    03-18-2010 01:42 PM
    Charlie Brown trying to kick a football with Lucy holding it?

Enough said...
    03-18-2010 01:45 PM
    Hard to believe someone with 12 posts. :P
    I've always thought that people who make statement like this are funny because your intelligence or experience does not directly correlate to the number of posts you have. This is also not the only forum on the net.

edit: Now I just looked back at your post and noticed you only have 2. I'm 13 posts smarter than you lol.
    03-18-2010 01:45 PM
    I've always thought that people who make statement like this are funny because your intelligence or experience does not directly correlate to the number of posts you have. This is also not the only forum on the net.

edit: Now I just looked back at your post and noticed you only have 2. I'm 13 posts smarter than you lol.
    I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to the OP from the user that said it downloaded to his phone.

It just tells me that some kid could log on, post some nonsense, and try to fake everyone out by saving he has the update.
    03-18-2010 01:51 PM
    I have been reading the site for a while now but have never posted. On my Droid I just got an update notifier in the upper left hand corner and then I (for the first time ever) lost all signal and my phone now says (No service). I am not assuming that these events are correlated, just ironic.

Update: My baseband now says unknown, I am pretty sure it didn't say that when I was perusing the settings in the past.
    03-18-2010 01:59 PM
    I have been reading the site for a while now but have never posted. On my Droid I just got an update notifier in the upper left hand corner and then I (for the first time ever) lost all signal and my phone now says (No service). I am not assuming that these events are correlated, just ironic.

Update: My baseband now says unknown, I am pretty sure it didn't say that when I was perusing the settings in the past.
    Try *228 then dial it. Who knows... maybe it will work.
    03-18-2010 02:03 PM

look out, you're droid blows up next...
    03-18-2010 02:04 PM
    I got the "Not registered on network" error. Sweet.

Update: I power cycled three times and I have my baseband back. I will probably be going into the VZW store today to be dismissed as retarded.
    03-18-2010 02:05 PM
    Might be a good thing this update wasn't pushed out.
    I got the "Not registered on network" error. Sweet.
    03-18-2010 02:09 PM
    I'm calling "bull****" on the "VZW document". VZW tech support has no knowledge of the update being pulled. I think that VZW would issue a new document, and not add verbage to an existing one.
    03-18-2010 02:29 PM
    I'm calling "bull****" on the "VZW document". VZW tech support has no knowledge of the update being pulled. I think that VZW would issue a new document, and not add verbage to an existing one.
    VZW support has NO clue about anything ever.
    03-18-2010 02:36 PM
    No one in verizon has any idea when anything is coming out. VZW tech support not knowing of the update or the update being pulled really has no bearing.
    03-18-2010 02:37 PM
    Beat me to it
    03-18-2010 02:38 PM
    Well you think wrong.

Tech support doesn't know anything. Call them again and I bet you will get a different answer.
    03-18-2010 02:41 PM
    No one in verizon has any idea when anything is coming out. VZW tech support not knowing of the update or the update being pulled really has no bearing.
    Beat me to it
    Well you think wrong.

Tech support doesn't know anything. Call them again and I bet you will get a different answer.
    ^^^ What they said...
    03-18-2010 02:42 PM
731 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD