Official 2.1 findings thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't get why so many are so anxious for this update. There is nothing revolutionary in it. Really nothing that makes your phone more fun. The changes are mostly under the Hood. And u can get all of what it offers now AND more simply by rooting.

To me makes little sense getting mad or thinking it unfair. 2.1 doesn't give you a new toy to play with. Or if it does, its newness will run dry in a day... so why waste so much energy waiting for something like this?

G

GenericMessage

I don't get why so many are so anxious for this update. There is nothing revolutionary in it. Really nothing that makes your phone more fun. The changes are mostly under the Hood. And u can get all of what it offers now AND more simply by rooting.

To me makes little sense getting mad or thinking it unfair. 2.1 doesn't give you a new toy to play with. Or if it does, its newness will run dry in a day... so why waste so much energy waiting for something like this?

But Live Wallpaper makes my phone more fun :(

So I can just stare at it.

p5stover

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I just spoke with a Verizon customer response team associate about a droid update. She said I am currently up to date with my phone (2.0.1). That there is no update planned in the near future, and if one does happen I will be notified by email and on my phone when it happens, not anytime before.

anon(7436)

Jan 13, 2010
twitter.com
I just spoke with a Verizon customer response team associate about a droid update. She said I am currently up to date with my phone (2.0.1). That there is no update planned in the near future, and if one does happen I will be notified by email and on my phone when it happens, not anytime before.

Once again, Verizon reps know nothing about updates until after the update is pushed.

ValleyForge

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site

It's because I'm a Baby Boomer. I'm ENTITLED to instant gratification. That's why.

anon(7436)

Jan 13, 2010
twitter.com
2.1 IS HERE!!! just not in the u.s.

m1zdz

Blacker.the.berry

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site

if every Moto Droid owner is a techy (which I suspect they are) we techys have this complex where we suffer anxiaty attacks if we dont have the latest and greatest. So even if we know for a fact that 2.1 is a 100% transparent update, we dont care cuz we are techys and we just want it.

ikith

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
if every Moto Droid owner is a techy (which I suspect they are) we techys have this complex where we suffer anxiaty attacks if we dont have the latest and greatest. So even if we know for a fact that 2.1 is a 100% transparent update, we dont care cuz we are techys and we just want it.

Transparent? I liked my droid lasting two days without a charge on ESE53 :p

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I get it, I'm a techy, but most techies would have acquired what 2.1 has to offer months ago in any roms... and yes I love updates, im not saying i dont want them. But I see no point in whining that we're being screwed over. I equate this upgrade to a windows service pack and i dont sit around salivating over those as well. But hey, to each his or her own, it's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781