Official 2.1 findings thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jawa6969

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion, the roll out schedule should have been internal only. And the 1000 "testers" should be notified they are "testers" and the only date that should be given is a date we can all expect the update.

pjjanak

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion, the roll out schedule should have been internal only. And the 1000 "testers" should be notified they are "testers" and the only date that should be given is a date we can all expect the update.

To be fair, the schedule was leaked. So, we really should have only known that it was coming on the 18th, not the specifics.

Peter

hossberry

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
when your told a roll out is going to happen way back in febuary and now were in the latter stages of march it looks like they dont know there head from there *&^%

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site

It was internal, and leaked. Then some people felt like it was written in stone and that the info had been obtained legitimately.

mjesenovec

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
when your told a roll out is going to happen way back in febuary and now were in the latter stages of march it looks like they dont know there head from there *&^%

If everyone would understand that this wasn't moto OR verizon's fault. I posted an article about the distribution vendor that Moto uses to push updates have been having network, connection, server issues.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site

All leaked information.

Check your sources next time, neither came from a legit source, with public info.

Also, the Droid is an excellent device. 2.1 doesn't complete it, LOL. its just icing.

citi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
internal or not, they had a date set and it was delayed, again. So fine, they did not officially screw up to the end user, just the LARGEST PHONE CARRIER IN AMERICA? What is worse?

Last edited:

citi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
If everyone would understand that this wasn't moto OR verizon's fault. I posted an article about the distribution vendor that Moto uses to push updates have been having network, connection, server issues.

Does not matter, if Apple says your iPad is guaranteed to be delivered on April 3rd (Saturday) and for some reason, Fedex screws up with delivery, who is the customer going to assume is responsible? Apple, not fedex, because it was there choice to use that distribution vendor

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
internal or not, they had a date set and it was delayed, again. So fine, they did not officially screw up to the end uses, just the LARGEST PHONE CARRIER IN AMERICA? What is worse?

Internal dates are made and broken all the time.

This is the real world. These were not mandatory deadlines, but instead target dates.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Does not matter, if Apple says your iPad is guaranteed to be delivered on April 3rd (Saturday) and for some reason, Fedex screws up with delivery, who is the customer going to assume is responsible? Apple, not fedex, because it was there choice to use that distribution vendor

Neither Motorola or Verizon guaranteed today. It_was_not_public_info.

hossberry

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm right here with everyone else reading what comes up on android central and engadget and the moto forms so where else is reliable

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I'm right here with everyone else reading what comes up on android central and engadget and the moto forms so where else is reliable

I didn't say reliable. I said legit.

When Verizon or Moto comes out and pubicly gives us a date and not meet it, then feel free to carry on your argument.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Honestly if it's an OTA issue...just post it and let us install it manually. I don't see the problem. The people that install manually obviously would have a grasp of what they're doing as opposed to the people that would wait for OTA. We're waiting for OTA because there's no other option.

Yeah yeah, I hear the rooter's and custom ROMs out there saying there is another option. But for some of us we'd rather go stock...and then install a custom mod after stock has been worked in ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech