Odd problems start occurring today

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed some odd problems the started occurring today after the update was supposed to be pushed out. Skin reset in beautiful widgets, custom ringtone no longer working, album art disappeared, random force closes. It's nothing that I can't deal with yet, but I was just wondering if anyone has noticed anything like this.

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Uh oh. Connected the phone to my computer, when I tried to open it in the file explorer it said I had to format it, then when I unplugged it, it told me it was blank and in the notification drawer it says it's either blank or has an "unsupported filesystem". Now its a problem.

screamster

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Uh oh. Connected the phone to my computer, when I tried to open it in the file explorer it said I had to format it, then when I unplugged it, it told me it was blank and in the notification drawer it says it's either blank or has an "unsupported filesystem". Now its a problem.

I have been having an intermitting issue with my widgets disappering on and off. I gointo a program and exit, the widgets are gone. Just my background image and the drawer is fine. I have to reboot to get them back. Happened like 5 times in the ast 2 days. Hasn't happned in the past 6 hours though. Very weird...

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I have been having an intermitting issue with my widgets disappering on and off. I gointo a program and exit, the widgets are gone. Just my background image and the drawer is fine. I have to reboot to get them back. Happened like 5 times in the ast 2 days. Hasn't happned in the past 6 hours though. Very weird...

Yeah that's been happening to me for a few days as well. I usually just turn off the screen, wait a few minutes, and they're back. This problem with my SD card seems to be a bit more serious.

pops.comp

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that's been happening to me for a few days as well. I usually just turn off the screen, wait a few minutes, and they're back. This problem with my SD card seems to be a bit more serious.

The only suggestion I'd have, which isn't a fantastic suggestion at all, is do a factory reset, but I'm not sure if you'd want to do that, and I'm not sure if that would actually solve the problem.. :confused:

kb

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed some odd problems the started occurring today after the update was supposed to be pushed out. Skin reset in beautiful widgets, custom ringtone no longer working, album art disappeared, random force closes. It's nothing that I can't deal with yet, but I was just wondering if anyone has noticed anything like this.

Yesterday I checked messages, set my phone down, went back to check for messages and the Droid was dead. I knew there was plenty of charge because I had checked it when I got home. Had a devil of a time getting the cover off so I could remove/replace the battery for a reboot. Low and behold it worked. THEN, this morning, my M-F alarm, that is set for 5, went off at 4:30! Huh? If that wasn't strange enough... a text I sent out showed it was sent on Dec. 31, (this is hilarious!) 1969!!! Totally weird. And wondering if all of the updates have anything to do with it. At 4:30 (wonder why I was up at THAT time) I had a GPS update waiting. Hmmmm.

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, there's at least one picture and some other stuff I hadn't backed up that I don't want to have to reformat the SD card for and lose, but I just might have to. Incidentally, can anyone recommend the best way to back up everything on the phone?

Bottlestopper

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
my phone locked up yesterday around 11 cst . all my icons were gone and i could not do anything but slide my wallpaper to my 3 home screens. after a reboot, it all was ok.

DaveTheRealtor

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site

I've been having the same issue... It just started and happened as recently as last night... probably 3 or 4 times in total.

kb

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday I checked messages, set my phone down, went back to check for messages and the Droid was dead. I knew there was plenty of charge because I had checked it when I got home. Had a devil of a time getting the cover off so I could remove/replace the battery for a reboot. Low and behold it worked. THEN, this morning, my M-F alarm, that is set for 5, went off at 4:30! Huh? If that wasn't strange enough... a text I sent out showed it was sent on Dec. 31, (this is hilarious!) 1969!!! Totally weird. And wondering if all of the updates have anything to do with it. At 4:30 (wonder why I was up at THAT time) I had a GPS update waiting. Hmmmm.