I've been unable to find the right case for my Droid, though I don't think what I'm looking for is all that special.

I've got the Verizon leather side case (horizontal belt-clip model). It's basically what I want but the quality is crap and it's too big for the phone. Here are my (I think reasonable) wants:

-Minimal bulk, good fit
    -No velcro--magnet or snap are ok (velcro's too noisy in a meeting)
    -Full coverage flap (if you get caught in the rain, or someone spills a drink on you, you don't want the phone getting fried. The Sena Laterale looks perfect except for this.)

Anybody found anything that fits the bill?

Thanks!
    03-19-2010 10:24 AM
    I had the VZW horizontal belt case and I agree that the quality was marginal, but I didn't find it too large. The fit was actually fairly tight. I didn't care for the velcro either.

Moreover, I wanted a skin-type case and a side case, so when Seidio came out with their Innocase Surface I bought it and have been very happy with it. Unfortunately, the Innocase makes the Droid just large enough that it won't fit any of the standard side cases I could find, so I ended up buying Seidio's large horizontal side case. The Droid/Innocase fits snugly and has all of the features you're looking for, although it will be slightly too large if you don't use the Innocase. I was concerned that the magnetized flap would trigger docking mode. It doesn't, so that's one issue I haven't had.

Seidio sells another side case for the Droid without the Innocase, however the flap offers less coverage. Premium Horizontal Leather Case
    03-19-2010 11:29 AM
    Checked with Seidio, and sounds like the case you got is just a tad shorter than the VZW case. Good to know you like it baycruisers.

The Android Central Store sells an Incipio case for the Nexus One that looks like it's actually made for the iPhone, the incipio-bond-street-leather-case

The three phones are similar enough in size that I'm thinking this might work for the Droid. Anyone tried it?
    03-19-2010 05:01 PM
    Check out luxmo... They make a side mount leather for droids. Never held one in my hand. So, I don't know if it's junk or not. But, at least it's leather and side mount.
    03-19-2010 07:16 PM
    I have a Sena leather slim case and love it - Sena do some great cases for Droids x
    03-20-2010 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD