Can the alarm turn the phone on at the time of the alarm and go off?
    03-22-2010 03:13 AM
    I don't think it will if you have completely powered down, if you have just put it to sleep by hitting the top button to shut the screen off, then it will.
    03-22-2010 07:06 AM
    If the phone is off nothing will work.

Just like your car wont go if it isn't on.
    03-22-2010 07:20 AM
    I think I used to be able to power off the blackberry and it would still turn on and set off the alarm if it was set. I never quite understood the point of that unless you wanted to conserve a lot of power at night. It was actually kind of annoying because if I was powering off the phone, I just wanted it to fully power off rather than turn itself back on at some point in the future. I guess more options and flexibility couldn't hurt though...
    03-22-2010 08:33 AM
    The BB has 2 power off options with an alarm enabled. One will power the BB up for the alarm. The other will fully power it off.
    03-22-2010 08:47 AM
    BB does have this funtion. I am a pilot and have weird hours for sleeping so often times I don't want to recieve phone calls or other messages. I have been putting it into airplane mode so far. Any other suggestions or is that the best?
    03-22-2010 08:57 AM
    BB does have this funtion. I am a pilot and have weird hours for sleeping so often times I don't want to recieve phone calls or other messages. I have been putting it into airplane mode so far. Any other suggestions or is that the best?
    Putting the phone in airplane mode doesn't turn the phone off, it just turns the radios off (except for WiFi). So, you won't receive calls, but your phone is still on...as far as I know there is no way on most Smart Phones to do this. It is, theoretically possible, since computers can be set to turn on at a specific time (thus allowing whatever was scheduled for then to happen) but you would have to be able to get into the BIOS of a machine to do that...which isn't exactly possible with the Droid...or any Smart Phone for that matter

Peter
    03-22-2010 09:11 AM
    so from what I am hearing the best bet for me is to use airplane mode with wifi turned off. It should be quiet other than my alarm. If I go to silent mode will it keep everything else quiet too?
    03-22-2010 09:33 AM
    so from what I am hearing the best bet for me is to use airplane mode with wifi turned off. It should be quiet other than my alarm. If I go to silent mode will it keep everything else quiet too?
    If you put it in silent mode, notifications and phone calls will not be heard, but the alarm will still work. I do this everynight.
    03-22-2010 10:17 AM
    When "shut off" the blackberry actually goes into standby mode the only real way to turn the blackberry off is to take the battery out and leave it out (IIRC when a battery is inserted back into the device it automatically turns on again but I could be wrong) therefore disabling the alarm. The equivalent to standby on the droid is tapping the top power button putting it into sleep.
    03-22-2010 03:15 PM
    Airplane mode sounds like a pretty good option for a pilot!
    03-22-2010 03:50 PM
    ikithme is rite. Blackberrys do not turn off. holding the power button is the equivalent to putting ur computer in hibernation. it shuts down but not off. thats y it will turn on for the alarm. there is no where to do this for an android fone as of now turning off ur radio or sound is the best option. playing around on the new 2.1 update it looks like theres an option for controlling the audio when its in the dock but it doesnt seem to work on this ROM. Hopefully its because its not the official ROM and will work on the actual update.
    03-22-2010 06:00 PM
    CommonWisdom

Nice!!!
    03-22-2010 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD