Today at school my friend lost her Droid. She is not sure if it's stolen or just lost. She has called Verizon and had the service suspended. I was wondering, for her, if when they suspend it does it lock them out of the phone from her personal information or does it just suspend service?
    05-24-2011 04:55 PM
    It suspends the service. The phone will remain operational and they have access to it if it's not lock protected. Verizon night be able to help disconnect the gmail account to that line, which will prevent anyone from having free access to accounts tied to google.

Have her contact Verizon or Google and she if this can be done.
    05-24-2011 11:18 PM
    If she changes the google password linked to the phone it should cut access to because settings have changed. Do this to all open accounts on the phone.

Texts, sd card data will remain open
    05-24-2011 11:25 PM
    If she changes the google password linked to the phone it should cut access to because settings have changed. Do this to all open accounts on the phone.

Texts, sd card data will remain open
    ^This^

Password or PIN protect your lockscreen people. It's a PITA, but one you'll be glad you go through if you ever lose your phone.
    MisterObvious#AC likes this.
    05-25-2011 12:41 AM
    Thanks for the good reminder. I forgot you can do that to your phone and did it to my Droid (which is new to me).
    05-25-2011 01:36 AM
    Install an application that does a remote phone wipe.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    05-30-2011 08:59 PM
    Password or PIN protect your lockscreen people. It's a PITA, but one you'll be glad you go through if you ever lose your phone.
    Unless you enjoy sharing with the world...

Don't forget to backup as well. The lock and wipe app suggestion is a good one but you have to do so before you lose the device.

If it's important, treat it as important. Secure and backup your data, regardless of where it's stored. This should be obvious with mobile devices considering how easily they're lost/stolen/broken but it's amazing how often this sort of thing still happens.
    05-31-2011 07:47 AM
    Always the worst when you're kicking yourself for not installing the app.
    05-31-2011 06:42 PM
    look out mobile security is an app I use. It has remote wipe, find lost phone, and remote lock.
    07-11-2011 08:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD