Newbie question ???

w140king#AC

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I just finish ordering my moto droid over the phone because i've had it with my crappy storm2. I am aware that the droid comes with an sd memory card. Now my question, do the apps downloaded from the market place save onto the memory card or the phone itself. If so how much memory does the droid have to store apps. Thanks in advance

R

Roy Aguilera

They store to the phone.
If I recall correctly the memory is 256MB.

fyrman49

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
You will not have the app memory probs you had with your BB. I came from the 9530and only had a few third party apps because of the app memory leaks. I have 27 apps installed on my Droid and still have 165mb of mem left. Enjoy you Droid when it comes in.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I have a truckload of apps (north of 50 I think) and my free memory is 129mb which is 49% free.

Don't worry at all about memory. NOT an issue with Droid.

SMJUCmoose

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I had that question as well being a new droid owned. I had the storm 2 and could have many apps at all. plus everything was really slow. not on the droid though.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I have 80 apps, and still have 30% space left, at least.

Also, a lot of the bigger apps (Space physics, etc) also store a lot of data on the SD cards, and the basic runtimes on the phone. That means that they do have a basic framework on the phone's memory, but store unneeded data (like level designs, etc) on the SD card, saving phone space.

Blacker.the.berry

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I to am converted over from the storm. And there are a few things I miss but over all I am satisfied with the Droid over my storm. App memory is not a factor + no rebooting after the install. (My storm. Now serves a a very handy mp3 player for when I'm at the gym.

italianangel8131

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
i am too a storm -> droid user as of yesterday 12 pm. i finally had it with bb when it started losing my contacts. so glad i made the switch it a world of difference

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams