Taking my daughter to the mall today and I got stopped by a guy working for TMo at one of those booths. Told him ok I'll play this game. He asked what phone I had and told him the Droid. He said he had a better phone then that, was thinking he'd mention an N1. Asked ok what it was. He reached down and pulled out a box, he started to open it. I asked what it was, while opening and he said HD2. Told him he already lost with a WinMo phone, the other rep laughed and agreed.

The rep then asked if i wanted an Android phone and i said yes. He asked how much I pay, told him 89.99 for 500 minutes, 12 people on my friends and family with google voice meaning unlimited calling, 7 pm nights, unlimited txt and web. He told me TMo had all that for 69.99. I thought only unlimited voice for 69.99 but i maybe wrong.

He then told me about the Cliq. He told me it was a better phone then the Droid. I told him it wasn't and he asked why the Droid was better. Since he was selling I asked him why the Cliq was better. He said it was because it was on TMo. I said ok but thats the network not the phone, why is the cliq a better phone. He said he wasn't there to argue and good bye.

We walked a bit more then my daughter wanted to make a wish in the fountain. As she did I decided to go back. He asked why the Droid was better and I failed to answer him. So i asked if he wanted to know why the Droid was better and he asked why. So i asked what OS the cliq was running. He said 1.5, told him i'm running 2.1. He said he didn't have time to argue that they were busy. 3 reps and I was the only one talking to some one, they weren't busy. I asked if he wanted to know about the CPU, Memory, SD Card preinstalled, screen size, and blur.

He said they were busy and asked if people came to my work and harassed me. (Remember you stopped me, you made a foolish comment and disrespected my phone.) He asked where I worked then and I told him TI, you know the people that make the processor for the Droid. His chin dropped and after a few seconds he said he didn't want to sell me a phone. I said come on sell me a phone what about a N1 and he walked away.

So there you have it, the Cliq is better then the Droid because and only because of the network.....ohh wait that has nothing to do with the phone but rather the service. I liked the guys at the other Tmo booth better, they did the same thing as they always do but we talked for about an hour about the pros and cons of the Droid vs the N1. The listened and they all wanted a Droid after the convo.

Well thats it, i laughed and figured I'd share with my fellow Droid lovers.
    03-27-2010 05:42 PM
    lol i read the hole thing thats pretty funny man
    03-27-2010 05:50 PM
    Dude that was awesome. The only thing the cliq is better than the Droid at is getting its screen scratched lol
    03-27-2010 05:59 PM
    I like how you went back to perter the guy. Not being sarcastic - I do the same thing (did once with a VZW rep on a different issue), and the sig other got completely exasperated with me because of it. Good i'm not the only one out to prove a point
    03-27-2010 06:11 PM
    I lol'd. Had a similar story with a great employee of Circuit City years ago...
    03-27-2010 07:02 PM
    I had an eighteen year old girl at "The Shack" tell me the Droid was a knockoff of the iPhone. I just laughed and walked away...
    03-27-2010 07:24 PM
    I had an eighteen year old girl at "The Shack" tell me the Droid was a knockoff of the iPhone. I just laughed and walked away...

wow, she has no idea.
    03-27-2010 08:30 PM

wow, she has no idea.
    word... only rep I've known to be right
    03-27-2010 08:45 PM
    Really, you all have time to waste in these types of conversations. This is nothing new, these guys hustle all the time. Why tell a hustler, his hustle is wrong? You're only training him to hustle better. If you were real with it, you would have said nothing and walked away. Be water my friend.
    03-27-2010 10:01 PM
    Really, you all have time to waste in these types of conversations. This is nothing new, these guys hustle all the time. Why tell a hustler, his hustle is wrong? You're only training him to hustle better. If you were real with it, you would have said nothing and walked away. Be water my friend.
    Exactly make his hustle better. If he would listen he would have been more educated. If you ever have done sales you would know being educated on your product and being able to compare to others similar products takes you from being a trained monkey to a good salesman.
    03-27-2010 10:58 PM
    AllGood, that was a great story. I've done that to AT&T employees that didn't know I was a manager for AT&T's business sector. It would be hilarious to hear misinformation and lies.

Only reps I've known to really tell the truth and/or not exaggerate (or the least amount) are T-mobile reps (not 3rd party or booth ones; in corporate store only).
    03-27-2010 11:13 PM
    this is like saying a walki talki is better
    03-28-2010 12:01 AM
    Walki Talkis are better, cmon. You don't need to worry about the network or over priced data plans. And the beautiful thing is it always keeps you close to those special people in your life, other wise the walki talkis won't work.
    03-28-2010 10:15 AM
    He asked what phone I had and told him the Droid. He said he had a better phone then that, was thinking he'd mention an N1.
    IMO, anyone that doesn't realize that better is subjective isn't worth talking to. You might as well debate which religion (or OS or whatever) is better. :rolleyes:

Again, better is subjective. There are certainly applications where something like an FRS radio is a better choice.
    03-28-2010 10:32 AM
    OP...great story...

"Salespeople" like that give the good ones a bad name....
    03-28-2010 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD