Internal Memory? Read This!

dmcgroggan3

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I have been following this phone for a while, I have heard 255mb for apps, 512mbs total, but BEFORE motorola had the specs on their site and pulled it there was talk of 16gb of internal AND the ability to add a card on top of that. I understand the whole "rooting" you device if Android 2.0 doesn't already allow you to save apps to your card. But I would prefer 16gb internal so you can have faster access to apps because I have heard apps perform better when saved to the phone as opposed to the card......at least this was the case back in my Windows days.

So any word on if it may come with 16gb internal? Is there and merrit to my concerns to the device not working as well if it had more internal memory to store apps.

Lets be honest, some of the games and apps for the iPhony are much bigger files than 1mb because (B-Berry apps are almost always smaller than 1mb) they use hardware acceleration with the iPhone gpu. Well the Droid has a GPU too, and if we want some of those sick 3d games and slick apps the iPhone has, developers will need the freedom to make bigger apps and games without the worry of filling up app space if saved to the phone, or operate not as well because they are operating from a card. Are my concerns legit? Any feedback from developers or seasoned Android users would be great!!

And please dont be stupid and say, "if you want an iPhone, go buy one!", that would not help here, I am just making a comparison, Thanks.

Dmac

Last edited:

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
hopefully we find out about those things tomorrow...

maybe with the SDK being released we can find out a little more about 2.0? i'm interested to hear if they will allow apps on the SD as well. sadly, i feel the class 2 card they will probably bundle with the phone isn't going to be the best thing for putting apps on though...

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Well if 16gb was a typo, any feedback on running apps from the card or the other things I said, Thanks

I heard that this will be provided through an app. Might just be rumors and I can't remember where I read this, but I remember reading it somewhere... wish i could find that source

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos