multiple recipient txt message

furbymac

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
when sending a txt message to multiple ppl is there a way to look at the contact list and select them that way or am i stuck having to type in everyone's name

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Have you tried using Handcent SMS? It allows you to do exactly that, plus it is fully customizable, colors, bubbles, the whole 9. Its pretty sweet, and FREE :)

furbymac

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
that is awesome but now the icon for the original messenger stays in the notification bar and won't go away is there a way to disable that?

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
yes, got to the messaging app (not handcent) and just disable notifications.

also, go thru gmail on your PC and open contacts -- set up groups there and then use handcent to send to predefined groups. nifty.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Yes indeed. I personally pair it with Unread SMS Count so that I can see how many SMS I have unread, and that allows for a different home screen icon :) even more customization!

pops.comp

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, comp is not quite as nice as handcent.. You can do allot of really cool stuff with it. Wish it would stop receiving double texts from I phone people though..lol

Ive been getting double texts from a few different people ever since I rooted..even when I went back to stock, and now back to root, I don't think the reason is because I rooted, but it did start happening around the same time

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance