DROID 2.1 Update thread.

R

Roy Aguilera

I have installed this update, I had the hacked News/Weather widget and Google goggles. now that I've installed the update, I see them listed twice in the app drawer..

I dont see them listed in the applications though so that I can uninstall one.. how do I get rid of the duplicate icons?

Try a reboot.

anon(7436)

Jan 13, 2010
twitter.com
Holding out on this update is killing me. Waiting for OTA though. With all the people who manually updated, I'm bound to be in the first 200k :p

jmtanzo

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Help..

I'm new to the Droid world and i just tried to do the update.zip and after i hit the vol up and camera key i get a error message that reads:

E: Can't open / cache/recovery/command

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone and it's great to have this phone..

R

Roy Aguilera

Thanks for checking. According to ruqqq the developer, it didn't work before because the droid was missing some 2.1 files. While it does work on roms built from source on or Droids. I was hoping that it would work for everyone now. I'll update him.

pops.comp

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for checking. According to ruqqq the developer, it didn't work before because the droid was missing some 2.1 files. While it does work on roms built from source on or Droids. I was hoping that it would work for everyone now. I'll update him.

Let me know, I'll be happy to try it again

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Holding out on this update is killing me. Waiting for OTA though. With all the people who manually updated, I'm bound to be in the first 200k :p

Why wait? Its either you can have the goodies now, or you can wait, for no real benefit, and have the goodies later.

Either way, its the same file on both...

pops.comp

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to the Droid world and i just tried to do the update.zip and after i hit the vol up and camera key i get a error message that reads:

Any ideas?

That should be fine, you should still have the menu at the top of the screen, just use the D-Pad to scroll down to the run: update.zip

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
That should be fine, you should still have the menu at the top of the screen, just use the D-Pad to scroll down to the run: update.zip

this is not 100% correct, the error halts the process.

to those getting the error, when you are downloading the file, is it downloading as a zip or are you compressing it to a zip?

LCH

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

Any ideas?

I had this too, used the dpad to scroll down the menu and select update from sdcard and then it said the update file name wasnt found so I wiped it all off and tried it again with update location 2 and made sure the file name was correct acording to the instructions and it found it and it worked the last time. Took me about 7-8 tries. Just try again and from fresh with a new download zip file and put it in the folder when you mount the card on the computer. I'm new to this too so I hope that makes sense. LCH

anon(7436)

Jan 13, 2010
twitter.com
Why wait? Its either you can have the goodies now, or you can wait, for no real benefit, and have the goodies later.

Either way, its the same file on both...

What about all these (cache) errors people have been having? I'm just worried about that. My finger's on the big red button...

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I wouldnt worry, many issues are coming from user error (sorry to say) including my own this morning.

I downloaded the 1st link from the homepage, and used that. If you are on a Mac make sure you don;t use safari unless you have it set so it doesnt open safe files after download...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay